Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Home Healthcare
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|BHN is a growing nonprofit community behavioral health agency seeking caring and dedicated individuals who want to use their talents to help others. BHN offers a warm, supportive environment that values professional expertise and creative community building. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and supervision in a setting committed to increasing your ability to meet your personal career goals. BHN provides a comprehensive training program in clinical/behavioral management, medical/health care support, personal care, professional boundaries and fostering skill development.|
We are seeking Support Specialists in the Support Services Program. We seek candidates with personal warmth and flexibility, who enjoy working on a team, working in the community and learning new skills. The successful Support Specialist has excellent communication and relationship building skills, and a passion to support the learning and growth of people with developmental disabilities. Support Specialists encourage independence and active involvement of all individuals in the community, whether as a volunteer, a member of a bowling league or by serving on a local Board. The Support Specialist assists program participants with skill development and coaching, in activities of daily living, social recreational programs, community involvement, self-advocacy, health care management and vocational/educational pursuits with a goal of helping participants to increase independence.
The Support Specialists are supervised by the Case Managers. This is an excellent entry level position for staff looking to explore a career in this field. Experience in this position brings opportunities for advancement within BHN.
Provides direct services that supports growth, promotes independence and ensures safety of consumers in all settings.
• Assists and monitors activities of daily living.
• Encourages independence, competency and decision-making.
• Initiates, supports, and ensures quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness and respect and dignity.
• Monitors overall health and well-being, and assists with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
• Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
• Assists in maintaining, enhancing and fostering social support networks and relationships.
• Plans and provides opportunities for community activities.
• Acts as a primary implementer of strategies to meet ISP/PSTP goals.
Provides indirect services that documents and supports the provision of direct services to consumers.
• Completes progress notes in a thorough and timely manner.
• Completes program specific forms and required, time-sensitive documents in a timely manner.
• Completes health and medication-related documents as individually indicated and in accordance with MAP regulations, and manages medical coordination.
• Updates and maintains clinical records.
• Provides safe and timely transportation in own vehicle.
• Attends in-services, meetings and trainings as assigned and scheduled, keeps mandatory trainings up to date and monitors employee training completion.
• Completes individually assigned program-specific responsibilities.
• Telephones supervisor hourly as scheduled during awake, overnight shifts to report the status of individuals served by the program and any other assigned tasks.
• Recognizes and reports program-specific safety and maintenance concerns and ensures property is safe and well maintained.
• Performs other tasks as requested by supervisor.
This posting only represents a limited overview of the position’s key responsibilities and required qualifications.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Individuals must be committed to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of Individuals/persons served.
Experience and Training:
• Minimum of six months experience in human services preferred.
• Training is provided by BHN.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours.
• Able to regularly lift up to 50lbs.
Bilingual Candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on "Work Here and Make a Difference" to apply