Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Rd
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
To learn more about us, please visit www.juddwire.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
|Salary Range:||Location:||15 Per Hour ||TURNERS FALLS, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Maintenance
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
|Purpose of Position:|
Perform a variety of plumbing, mechanical maintenance and repair, sheet metal and machining operations.
• Uses prints, specifications, follows verbal instructions to make repairs to equipment and plumbing. Installs thread pipe, performs soldering and cutting. Fabricates and installs switches, lamps, fixtures, etc.
• Assists in the installation of production equipment such as; Extruders, Cablers, Radiation machinery, etc.
• Troubleshoots, tears down units, plans repair requirements involving machining parts to proper tolerances, fits and alignments. Makes accurate calculations to obtain proper relationships.
• Performs various sheet metal operations to make simple hoods, vents, ducts, etc.
• Performs various carpentry assignments
• Performs repairs and Preventative Maintenance on Electron Beam machines
• Maintains inventory (record and entry)
• Perform other related duties as assigned or directed within the scope of responsibilities. Observes safety regulations. Maintains equipment, work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
|The ideal candidate will possess a High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 3+ years’ experience. Position requires knowledge of mathematics, including decimals and fractions; use of specifications, drawings and wiring diagrams together with adjustable measuring instruments. Position involves diverse maintenance duties while using considerable physical effort consisting of frequently moving heavyweight materials. Position requires judgment to plan and make decisions regarding sequence of maintenance operations, to be performed within the limits of standard practice. Working conditions will expose employee to dust, cold, heat, noise, fumes, vibrations, etc|