Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse. - Preference: Required|
|Behavioral Health Network is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses for The Franklin Recovery Center (FRC) located in Greenfield MA. FCR is a first step recovery program for adults experiencing substance use disorders. BHN is a growing non-profit community behavioral health & substance abuse agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care.|
Our employees are the most important asset in improving the lives of the individuals we serve. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for community involvement, diversity, the opportunity to gain highly marketable skills, and to take on challenges. BHN is committed to growing our own employees and promoting from within.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Provides direct care within the scope of practice to ensure proper implementation of patient plan of care. Implements nursing orders and performs procedures as specified.
• Provides individuals served with education regarding their illness, problems, treatment and prognosis. Reinforce patient teaching under direction of Registered Nurse.
• Demonstrates proficiency in applying the nursing process to individuals served and their families.
• Ability to collaborate with other care givers.
• Ability to delegate to peers and other care givers consistent with their level of expertise.
• Knowledge of utilization and review standards and implementation.
• Ability to advocate for individuals served.
• Ability to understand, empathize and work with an addicted population, including those with co-occurring disorders.
• Working knowledge of ethics and legal parameters of working with substance abuse individuals.
• Knowledge of quality assurance standards and CARF standards.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• Baccalaureate or Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing.
• Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Minimum of one year nursing experience preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org then click on “Job Openings” to apply.