191 Chestnut Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01103
In-Home Service provider
|Salary Range:||Location:||$10+ Per Hour||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||CNA/RN/Medical|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
CPR/Drivers Lic - Preference: Nice to have|
The Aide enables clients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording client condition; providing support and personal services; teaching families.
|Home Health Aide/CNA duties:|
* Monitors client condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
* Supports clients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
* Assists clients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
* Helps clients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
* Helps family members care for the client by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the client; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
* Records client information by making entries in the client journal; notifying agency of changing or unusual conditions.
* Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy client environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Following Plan of Care
* Record and note clients’ condition and progress.
* Report changes to case manager.
Skills/Qualifications: Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Nursing Skills, Health Care Administration, Client Services, Verbal Communication, Listening, Training, Dependability, Emotional Control, & Teamwork.
A Home Health Aide/PCA shall:
* Bilingual a plus
* Be able to physically perform the services required
* Follow instructions given by the consumer or the consumer’s conservator
* Be able to report changes in the person’s condition or needs
* Maintain confidentiality
* Have the ability or skills necessary to meet the consumer’s needs as delineated in the service plan
* Demonstrate ability to implement cognitive and behavioral strategies
* Be able to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team
* Have own reliable vehicle
Successful completion of the Massachusetts Certified Nurse Aid Program.
Massachusetts CNA Certification must be current and in good standing with the MA Nursing Registry.
COMPETENCIES: All HOI positions are expected to demonstrate competency in the areas of 1) Confidentiality; 2) the Recovery Model; 3) Cultural Sensitivity; and 4) Age-appropriate Communications by utilizing the training and evaluation tools available online within the probationary period.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess the following qualities:
* Problem Solving
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
* Develops alternative solutions
* Works well in group problem solving
* Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
* Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
* Keeps emotions under control
* Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
* Oral Communication
* Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
* Listens and gets clarification
* Responds well to questions
* Participates in meetings
* Team Work
* Balances team and individual responsibilities
* Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
* Gives and welcomes feedback
* Contributes to building a positive team spirit
* Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
* Treats people with respect
* Keeps commitments
* Inspires the trust of others
* Works with integrity and ethics
* Upholds organizational values
* Organizational Support
* Follows policies and procedures
* Completes administrative tasks correctly and on-time
* Supports organizational goals and values
* Adapts to change in the work environment
* Manages competing demands
* Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
* Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
* Attendance / Punctuality
* Is consistently at work and on time
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
* Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
* Follows instructions, responds to management direction
* Takes responsibility for own actions
* Keeps commitments
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan
This position may perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.