C&S Wholesale Grocers
7 Corporate Drive
Keene, NH 03431
C&S is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the lead supply chain company in the food industry. From more than 50 high-tech facilities in 16 states, we supply supermarkets and institutions with more than 95,000 different products. And with our continuing commitment to new technologies, C&S is dramatically changing the cost curve of what we can deliver in terms of service and value.
|Salary Range:||Location:||BRATTLEBORO VT|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Warehouse|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
|HIRING EVENT FOR WAREHOUSE CAREERS|
September 21, 2PM - 5PM
47 Old Ferry Road, Brattleboro, VT
Get hired on the spot!!
*You can start at $15/hour after paid training!
Are you strong, ambitious and reliable? Do you love a challenge? If so, join C&S as a Warehouse Selector and earn top dollar for your skill!
As a C&S Warehouse Selector, you will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet (are you good at Tetris?), plastic wrap the bundles, and in some cases, load them onto a trailer. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
You’ll start in a multi-week training program and upon completion, will transition to base plus incentive.
-Get Fit – Get Paid-
C&S Selectors are constantly on the move – walking miles of warehouse aisles over the course of a shift and lifting cases averaging 20-60 lbs. Fast, efficient, and safe on-your-feet, grabbing-and-going, lifting-and-stacking work is how we get it done. Job and gym all in one!
-Start, Stick and Stay!-
You can begin as a selector, earn great money and move through the ranks to a career in warehouse management, training or other specialties.
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
- Use a headset or pick sheet to find individual items within warehouse
- Remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet
- Stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Move pallet on an electric pallet jack until full or order is complete
- Ensure item pick accuracy and safety of product to prevent damage
- Inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or product description
- Wrap the pallet by circling load with roll of plastic wrap until secure
- Other duties as Assigned
- Physical Requirements: You will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, balancing, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. You will always be lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. to 60 lbs. And occasionally you will be pushing, sitting, touching, reaching, climbing, pulling, and gripping!
- GED, High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE)
- Ability to operate battery hoist
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check