Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Springfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is currently seeking a Certified Peer Specialist in our Living Room Program in Springfield. The Living Room is an innovative peer supported recovery environment that supports people who are experiencing personal crisis. In being unique and creative in its approach, The Living Room is currently cultivating an exciting new culture of support for people in crisis.|
The pursuit of our individuals’ development of autonomy, self-esteem, and involvement in their own care is highly supported and encouraged. Staff of the Living Room assist to empower those we serve to be in the ‘driver’s seat’ of their lives, and to clearly define their needs, wants, hopes and dreams….and we help make that happen.
Our employees are the most important asset in improving the lives of the individuals we serve. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for community involvement, diversity, the opportunity to gain highly marketable skills, and to take on challenges. BHN is committed to growing our own employees and promoting from within.
Requirements for Certified Peer Specialist:
• Must be an adult who has previously utilized mental health or substance abuse services, is currently in recovery, and excited to model recovery for others experiencing similar struggles.
• Must have a heart for people who are hurting and a desire to help ease the suffering of others.
• Must believe recovery is possible for all people who experience mental health and substance use challenges, including a knowledge and application of the Recovery Oriented Model specific to those experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Must be able to work well in a team.
• Must display empathic skills and the ability to establish rapport with individuals served, family members, and service providers.
• Knowledge of delivery systems, organizational skills, understanding crisis intervention.
• Must have familiarity with internet, word processing and email systems.
|Experience and Training:|
• No prior experience required for the Certified Peer Specialist role, just passion and a true desire to help others.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• Within 1 year of hire date must complete the Peer Specialist certification training and pass the exam to become a Certified Peer Specialist (CPS.)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit www.bhninc.org and click on "Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!
If you are reliable, caring, and are looking to make a difference in other people’s lives and want a place to grow your career, come join the team here at BHN where you belong.