296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||Belchertownt MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
|SEEKING RESIDENTIAL COUNSELORS|
In our New Program– for women with developmental/intellectual disabilities
If you enjoy bringing out the best in people and are up for a challenge and the rewards that come with it, consider joining ServiceNet’s extraordinary residential team.
We are now accepting applications for a brand new residential program we will be opening at the end of September. This program will open in Belchertown, but its permanent home will be in the Springfield area.
This position will provide assistance to residents with their daily personal care (bathing, dressing, and eating); as well as other responsibilities such as preparing dinner, doing the laundry, or tidying up in the program. You’d drive residents to medical appointments, on errands, and out to social events. In the home, you might play games, work on projects or in the garden. You’d complete daily reports about residents’ progress and would help assure their safety around the clock.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
We provide the same level of care in our homes that we’d want for anyone we love. We pay for your orientation and training to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR, the Medication Administration Program (MAP), and Applied Non-Violence. Other requirements of the job include:
• A passion for working with people who are living with a disability.
• Previous experience with developmental disabilities preferred.
• Basic computer skills.
• Physical ability to perform the requirements of this position.
• A valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
• A hobby or special interest you would enjoy sharing with residents and colleagues, and a sense of humor!
We’d also conduct a routine background check.
Vacancy 1 (40hrs): Sun 11pm-9am, Mon 11pm-9am, Tue 11pm-7am, Wed 11pm-9am (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacany 2 (40hrs): Wed 11pm-9am, Thu 11pm-9am, Fri 11pm-9am, Sat 11pm-9am (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 3 (30hrs): Sun 11pm-9am, Mon 11pm-7am, Tues 11pm-9am (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 4 (32hrs): Thu 11pm-9am, Fri 11pm-7am, Sat 9pm-9am (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 5 (38hrs): Sun 9am-11pm, Mon 9am-3pm, Tue 9am-3pm, Wed 9am-3pm, Thu 9am-3pm
Vacancy 6 (40hrs): Sun 3pm-9pm, Mon 3pm-11pm, Tue 3pm-11pm, Wed 3pm-11pm, Thu 3pm-11pm (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 7 (40hrs): Tue 3pm-11pm, Wed 3pm-11pm, Thu 3pm-11pm, Fri 3pm-11pm, Sat 3pm-9pm (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 8 (36hrs): Sun 9am-3pm, Wed 7am-3pm, Thu 9am-3pm, Fri 7am-3pm, Sat 3pm-11pm
Vacancy 9 (28hrs): Thu 3pm-9pm, Fri 3pm-9pm, Sat 7am-9pm (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 10 (32hr): Sun 9am-9pm, Mon 3pm-11pm, Tue 3pm-9pm, Wed 3pm-9pm (2hrs staff meeting on Wed from 9am-11am)
Vacancy 11 (20hr): Fri 9am-11pm, Sat 9am-3pm
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe in a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life. So in addition to our starting wage of $12/hr., we offer:
• a generous time-off package;
• comprehensive, low-deductible health and dental insurance plans;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
INTERESTED? Please send us the following noting search #341 to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
1) Resume and Cover letter
2) Emails and Phone numbers of three professional references
3) The position number(s) of the schedule(s) you are interested in working (applications that do not include vacancy numbers will not be processed).
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.