PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and recently opened a satellite office in San Francisco, CA. Come work with us!
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Hour||FLORENCE MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
|**Our spring 2018 internships run February 12, 2018 through May 4, 2018. Applications for spring internships are due no later than December 8, 2017.**|
The Organizing Intern works with the Represent.Us Organizing team to engage grassroots activists across the country, developing our nationwide volunteer-led chapters. As an Organizing Intern, you’ll work one-on-one with our volunteers, helping mobilize members of a nationwide grassroots movement to fix America’s broken political system. You’ll gain valuable experience working with a successful and rapidly growing national nonprofit to support grassroots advocacy efforts.
* Engage and train volunteers
* Track results in Nationbuilder and Excel
* Help develop campaign materials
* Collaborate with other members of the Organizing team, the National Field Director and Campaign Manager, as well as members of the Communications team
* Outgoing – you enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone
* Collaborative and self-directed – you work well as part of a team, and on your own
* Patient and detail-oriented – you can follow our phone-banking systems to a T!
* Passionate – you care about grassroots activism and anti-corruption reform
* Effective – you’re able to prioritize tasks, be flexible when curveballs arise, and take initiative when needed
* Fall-semester, spring-semester, and summer internships available
* Based in our Northampton, MA office – in the “Five Colleges” area and accessible by public transit (PVTA)
* We’re committed to making sure your internship is educational, challenging, and informative, and we’re happy to coordinate with your college or university so you can receive credit for your work
* Interns are paid at an hourly rate, or may do an unpaid internship for school credit
Send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Organizing Intern”:
* Cover Letter – Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? What special skills do you bring to the table?
* Respond to a recent news article in less than 250 words (please include the article)
=About our internships=
We’re always on the lookout for talented undergraduates who are passionate about fixing our corrupt political system. As an intern with Represent.Us you’ll be part of a hardworking, fun, and innovative team that values your skills and creative input.
You’ll gain hands-on experience working with a successful grassroots advocacy campaign, and an in-depth understanding of the rapidly growing anti-corruption movement. Many of our interns say their time here helped launch their careers.
We do not offer a telecommuting option. If you are interested in getting involved remotely as a volunteer, sign up at volunteer.represent.us.