311 Wells Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Since 2002, PV Squared has provided custom solar energy solutions to businesses and homeowners in the Pioneer Valley and the surrounding regions. As a worker-owned cooperative and Certified B Corp, we take pride in our work and we respect the investments our clients are making.
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Management|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|As the leader of the Service Team, the Service Manager communicates with clients, develops service-oriented business opportunities, evaluates internal systems, manages team staff, and generally oversees the health of our fleet of PV systems. The position is an office-based with a primary emphasis on business management and development -- we seek a person who has demonstrated skills and background in these areas. The Service Team Manager will also prepare and implement a business plan for the department. To this end, the Service Team Manager will work closely with other division team leaders and team staff to identify operational efficiencies and help grow our department within the cooperative. The position will also work closely with the General Manager to ensure clear and consistent representation of the PV Squared brand.|
This position requires outstanding management, communication, and business-development skills. Direct solar industry experience and technical knowledge are preferred, but not required. Ability to work within a fast-paced team setting and to participate in collaborative decision making, as well as an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit, are essential. This is a full-time assignment with benefits based in Greenfield, MA.
- At least two years’ experience managing a team of employees in a dynamic setting
- Demonstrated success managing a business unit or cost center, including ability to analyze profitability and understand financial data
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across mediums, including in-person, phone, email, and other channels.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to follow commitments to completion
- Proficient with SalesForce, MS Office (particularly Excel), and Google Docs, with the ability and interest to learn other programs as needed
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, system-wide priorities in a fast-paced work setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external partners
- Fast learner and self-starter, with demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems pragmatically
- Proactive, entrepreneurial individual with a desire for continuous learning
- Passionate about solar energy, green building, and the cooperative business model
- Flexible thinker and team player who is willing to pitch in where needed
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Two or more years work experience in the solar/renewables industry
- Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Renewable Technologies
- Deep knowledge of CRM / SalesForce, with focus on service-oriented work, including platform modification and maintenance, or experience in computer coding