Hilltown Community Development Corporation
387 Main Road PO Box 17
CHESTERFIELD, MA 01012
Hilltown CDC seeks to improve the quality of life for Hilltown residents by addressing economic, housing, educational, social and community needs while preserving the rural character of the area.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$20,000+ Per Year||CHESTERFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Construction|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Construction Supervisor's License - Preference: Preferred|
Lead Paint Training - Preference: Nice to have
Building Codes - Preference: Preferred
Driver's License - Preference: Required
|Hilltown Community Development Corporation (HCDC), a nonprofit organization helping to improve the economic and quality of life for families living in the Hilltowns is seeking a Housing Rehab Specialist (HRS). The HRS should have numerous years of construction experience to view homes needing rehab and write work specifications to ensure the home will meet health and safety regulations; prepare cost estimates and perform inspections during construction. The HRS should want to help make a difference in the lives of Hilltown residents; preferably have a CSL license; and lead paint training. The position is a flexible 15-20 hours per week schedule and may require some early evenings. |
Duties include the preparation of technical specifications and scopes of work necessary to accomplish moderate to major repairs under a variety of housing rehabilitation programs.
• Conduct initial inspection of dwelling units for the Housing Rehab Program.
• Inspections must include structural conditions, conformity to the Housing Quality Standards and condition of heating, sewage disposal, well, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Prepare detailed work specifications and cost estimates for repair/rehabilitation work as required to meet the Housing Quality Standards. Assure compliance with all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations including those relative to contracting, lead paint, asbestos, historic properties, and wage and labor standards.
• Review work specifications in detail with clients and obtain their authorization.
• Prepare addendums to works specifications as needed.
• Participate in reviewing the bids and contract signings.
• Perform inspections, monitor construction and approve progress payments to the contractor during the rehabilitation of the housing unit.
• Review and approve all requests for change orders and contract extensions.
• Inspect the housing unit for final acceptance and payment ensuring that all repairs have been made in accordance with the scope of work, applicable codes and construction standards.
• Review client complaints and negotiate resolutions between client and contractor.
• Prepare monthly reports on the status of all open projects.
• Must have reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
• Availability to work a flexible schedule.
The Housing Rehabilitation Specialist works in the office and in the field on a routine basis. Field work is performed outdoors, with exposure to all types of weather. Travel by vehicle or on-foot is required, and may be over all types of terrain, including uneven, steep, slippery, wet, icy or muddy ground. Project worksites include buildings in various stages of construction or disrepair. Field inspections may include climbing stairs and accessing crawl spaces and eaves.
|• Minimum of three years’ experience in building construction or rehabilitation is required. |
• Construction Supervisor’s License is preferred.
• Lead Paint Licensing is preferred but will train.
• Valid Massachusetts’s driver’s license.
Up to $25,000 per year plus, sick, vacation, personal, holiday time and mileage reimbursement.
Send resume and cover letter to: Dave at HCDC, Box 17, Chesterfield, MA 01012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HCDC is AA/EOE/Section 3 employer