Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Fitness|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The Hampshire Regional YMCA is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the part-time position of Personal Trainer. At the Y, our cause is to strengthen community. To fulfill this promise, we require strong cause-driven leaders to effect lasting personal and social change regarding our organization’s three key areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our employees are all leaders committed to nurturing the potential of all, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility.|
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
• Prepare and conduct personal training sessions and instructions that meet all the necessary components and safety guidelines in accordance with current accepted practices of exercise.
• Build and maintaining positive member relationships.
• Monitor registration/liability release forms for each participant as instructed as well as turn in copies of receipts to your supervisor.
• Keep time cards up to date as sessions are conducted.
• Report any location and equipment problems or concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner. Responsible for the maintenance of program area; this includes set up and clean up if applicable.
• Insure participants adhere to safety and injury prevention policies and procedures. Prepare incident/accident reports as required.
• Arrive on time for all scheduled sessions. Inform client when an absence is expected..
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and an opportunity to participate in 403(b).
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person, Attn: Sovina Mansfield
|• High school diploma or equivalent|
• Personal Training Certification obtained from one of the following approved programs: YMCA, AFAA, ACE, IFPA, ASCM, NSCA or NASM.
• The position requires education and 2 year experience in exercise prescription, recreation or a related area of study.
• Must possess current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or be able to obtain it within a reasonable time period.