Autism Connections - Easthampton, MA
116 Pleasant St. Ste 366
Easthampton, MA 01027
Serving individuals and families with Autism.
|Salary Range:||Location:||EASTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
- Preference: Nice to have|
|SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support families with children with autism by providing training, information, family contacts, and referrals to other agencies; educate the community regarding autism; provide family support; work with community agencies to integrate children with autism; assist in the maintenance of the resource center in compliance with Pathlight, Autism Connections and governing agencies’ policies, procedures and regulations. BILINGUAL CANDIDATES STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY |
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide support to families: gets to know families and children with autism; makes family visits; develop support plans/ intervention strategies; provides information on resources and services; maintain contact and ongoing support as needed; connect families with other families for support; maintain files and records. Work with family and staff to promote community integration.
2. Works with funding sources to plan and coordinate the delivery of support services to families; monitors the implementation of the services; maintains liaison with the family as needed.
3. Responsible for timely and accurate data entry. Develop and track family contracts and budgets.
4. Keep current with developments in the field through reading trade journals and books, attending workshops and webinars.
5. Coordinate hiring, training and scheduling of therapists, skills trainers and respite workers.
POSITION AVAILABILITY: Within the hours of Monday through Friday 11am-6pm with flexibility to meet programmatic needs -that may include occasional mornings, nights and weekends.
LOCATION: Hampshire County
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to designated supervisor.
HOURLY RATE: $17.89-$19.36
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review to begin immediately until position is filled.
1. Broad knowledge of a discipline involving the use of a broad theoretical knowledge equal to a complete 4 year college education.
2. Knowledge of autism and treatments.
3. Over 1 year up to and including 3 years working with children/adults with autism and their families.
4. Requires valid driver’s license and reliable transportation/vehicle.