Valley Educational Associates, Inc.
PO Box 46
HATFIELD, MA 01038
VEA’s specialized professionals strive to improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
Valley Educational Associates, Inc. became incorporated as a nonprofit agency in 1982 to provide vocational training and employment services to adults with disabilities. Institutions like the Belchertown State School for the Feebleminded were closing down, and there was a serious lack of places for individuals to go. Through the years, the agency has expanded from a small, eight-person workshop to its current operation serving over 95 individuals in three program settings throughout Western Massachusetts. The workshop model has changed into a Community Based Day Services (CBDS) and a Supported Employment (SE) structure. Within these programs, we do the following:
Provide vocational and social/leisure groups within a community based day center and out in the community;
Assist individuals with obtaining and maintaining employment at various businesses in the community.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$40,000+ Per Year||HATFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Valley Educational Associates, Inc. (VEA) is a private, non-profit agency providing employment and day services to developmentally disabled adults. The adults we serve have a wide array of challenging conditions, including autism and psychiatric disorders. VEA’s programs emphasize the consistent application of applied behavior principles and positive behavior supports.|
We are seeking an experienced, full-time clinician to join our clinical team, who is committed to learning and applying the behavioral model. Each VEA clinician maintains a treatment caseload and participates in service planning, case consultation, and peer review. A master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling psychology, or an advanced degree in applied behavior analysis is required. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, team-driven candidate with 3 - 5 years of experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disorders and co-morbid behavioral/mental/health complications.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 8:30am – 4:30. Only responses with resumes and a cover letter will be considered. Our clinicians collaborate in serving all three of our sites located in the Pioneer Valley, so willingness and ability to travel is required. For this reason, candidates must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance.
- Maintaining a caseload and providing direct care services to consumers, including but not limited to counseling, relaxation therapy, and cognitive/behavioral strategies
- Designing and monitoring implementation of behavioral interventions as needed and in compliance with DDS regulations and formats
- Training, instruction, and support via clinical consultations for program staff in implementation of vocational and behavioral services and behavioral interventions
- Ensuring that consumers are coached and instructed per individualized behavior plans
- Ensuring the safety of the site and the safety and wellbeing of all consumers
- Participating in ISP, clinical, and psychiatric meetings as necessary for the assigned caseload
- Preparing various documentation related to the assigned caseload, as needed
- Maintaining compliance with all Massachusetts state regulations applicable to the behavioral health services we provide
- Collaborating with and supporting other members of the clinical team
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company-sponsored health and dental plans; vision and life insurance plans
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays plus a birthday holiday
- Paid vacation and paid sick time
|- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling psychology, or applied behavioral analysis|
- Licensing in the appropriate discipline
- Several years of work experience while licensed
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disorders and Co-morbid behavioral/mental/health complications
- Familiarity with Massachusetts state regulation related to behavioral services