Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Apply your nursing expertise to aid and support those in recovery from substance use receive individualized care!|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Nurse in the new MISSION Hope program at Behavioral Health Network! Nurses at BHN are advocates for the individuals that we serve and understand, empathize, and work with those struggling with substance use disorders. They develop individualized care plans using the nursing diagnosis and the individuals’ condition and conduct random drug testing, as well as provide nursing interventions as established in care plans including educating and collaborating with individuals and their families. Nurses gather data using their knowledge of biophysical, psychosocial, and spiritual dimensions and appropriate assessment techniques and evaluate individuals’ responses to intervention and progress towards established outcomes. Within this position, Nurses adhere to BHN’s established work expectations and maintain collaborative relationships with other members of the care team. At all times, Nurses demonstrate their accountability for professional practice, growth, and development.
The MISSION Hope program at Behavioral Health Network is designed to empower parents, caregivers, and families towards recovery from mental health and substance use disorders. We provide families with evidence-based individual, child, and family-centered treatment, and supportive services tailored to their unique family needs. Working in collaboration with diverse community partners, we are committed to supporting families on their road to stability and enhancing family functioning and preservation. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Nurses at BHN’s MISSION Hope program have the following qualities:|
• Proficiency in applying the nursing process to individuals and families.
• Leadership skills and ability in the coordination of individual care and unit activities.
• Ability to collaborate with other care givers.
• Ability to delegate to peers and other care givers consistent with their level of expertise.
• Knowledge of quality assurance standards and CARF standards.
• Ability to advocate for clients.
• Working knowledge of ethics and legal parameters of working with substance abuse clients.
• Knowledge of medication assisted treatment (required).
• Familiarity with Franklin County social service resources and service delivery system.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree (preferred) or Diploma/ Degree in Nursing.
• Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration.
• Minimum of one year nursing experience (preferred).
If you are interested in this position, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!