Autism Connections - Easthampton, MA
116 Pleasant St. Ste 366
Easthampton, MA 01027
Serving individuals and families with Autism.
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Valid driver's license and reliable transportation - Preference: Required|
|Want to help a young gentleman advance his life skills? Looking for a coach for a young man with special needs whose individual support program requires him to have assistance at the Y in Northampton with exercising and body maintenance tasks. It's a chance to help him progress into the next levels of independence. Per diem pay rate is $12.87/hour|
**Particularly looking for a staff person for a semi-independent 25 year-old male with a developmental delay. Must have a positive attitude and assist in accomplishing an exercise and hygiene routine at the YMCA in Northampton. No hands on assistance for personal care; verbal prompting only. Per-diem afternoon hours for a total of 6 hours a week.**
WAIT! There's more! Although we wish to find someone who can cover all our shift needs, we are willing to talk about times that work best for you as well.
Individual Support Specialist- per Diem up to 15 hours a week available
Weekly shifts include:
1. Fridays 9am-5p working with several different young men within their local communities
2. Every third Wednesday of the month 5:30pm-8:30pm providing assistance/support to children attending a support group with their parents.
3. 2-3 afternoons a week 4p-6p working with a young man within his local community
4 Every other Sunday afternoon hours between noon and 7pm
LOCATION: Northampton/Hadley area
1. Must be 18 years or older
2. Valid Massachusetts driver’s license
3. Reliable transportation
4. High school diploma or GED
5. Two supervisory references.
6. Driving record and CORI check
7. Over 1 year and up to 3 years’ experience with Autism and/or Intellectual Disabilities