296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel - Preference: Required|
40 hours per week
Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region, including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
The Development Associate will play an integral role in supporting the growth of the organization and our mission by providing operational administrative support to all aspects of Tapestry fundraising activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Gift Processing and Donor Correspondence:
• Process all donations. Including tributes, hard and soft credits, workplace gifts, grants, event sponsorships, online gifts, monthly donations, and other gift types.
• Quickly and efficiently execute donor acknowledgment.
• Monitor, enter, and receipt all online transactions from online giving systems.
• Respond to donor inquires by phone and email; take credit card payments by phone.
• Submit paperwork for workplace giving programs.
Printing and Mailings:
• Coordinate and execute mailings.
• Generate and organize donor lists and perform mail merges.
• Write new thank-you letters each quarter to match most recent appeals/event activities.
• Track all new and large donors to ensure proper follow-up phone calls and mailings.
• Prompt and execute special donor thank you projects, e.g. cards, bumper stickers, etc.
• Write and distribute quarterly online donor stewardship newsletter.
• Coordinate with Communications Director to create content on social media.
• Contribute to content and message of mailed donor materials.
• Help CEO track and monitor donor thank you calls and upcoming donor meetings.
Online Campaigns/Giving Days:
• Help create content for online campaigns by collecting photos, quotes, and stories from site staff.
• Update donation form on website to reflect campaign content.
• Manage all contests/raffles associate with campaigns.
• Monitor all campaign giving – create email and social media post acknowledgements.
Community Relations and Third-Party Fundraisers:
• Identify, track, and apply for participation in donation events held by local businesses and organizations. Track totals, coordinate social media promotion.
• Support and track Board of Director’s outreach to local businesses about creating fundraisers – develop and provide scripts/talking points and Tapestry info packets for businesses, act as main point of contact for Board and for business owners who select us for a fundraiser to coordinate logistics, cross-promotion, etc.
• Act as main point of contact for activities, community groups, artists, musicians, businesses, who create fundraisers for Tapestry. Work with Communications Director to provide correct Tapestry branding and information to the organizers, find Tapestry staff to table, cross-promote the event, and acknowledge gift.
• Prepare and mail out sponsorship packets to individuals and businesses.
• Track sponsorships in-kind gifts, and RSVPs; maintain sponsor and guest lists.
• Reply to all phone and email queries about events.
• Organize day – of registration/check-in process including nametags, onsite payment, etc. Staff and run registration desk on day of event.
• Organize and manage display materials including newsletter sign-ups and receiving donations.
• Provide other administrative support as requested. (Attendance at Special Events is required and may require evening or weekend work.)
• Create and mail event thank-you letters, cards, etc.
Records Maintenance and Reporting:
• File all donation-related paperwork and maintain organized filing.
• Update, add and maintain accuracy of donor and prospect records in the database.
• Assess usefulness of existing gift codes and recommend updates to improve efficiency.
• Generate and format monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as requested and assist with analysis of trends and gaps in donor giving habits.
• Assist Development Director and Accounting Staff with monthly reconciliation.
• Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Development Director.
• Associate’s or Bachelor degree in a related field.
• A minimum of two years’ experience supporting a not- for-profit development office.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience and strong skills with donor databases required – Donor Perfect or Donor Perfect Online preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and balance work for multiple supervisors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Supports the mission and goals of the Agency.
• May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
• Ability to sit at a desk, use a computer, and make phone calls.
• Ability to carry out typical administrative functions.
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Supports the mission and goals of the agency