New England Business Associates
66 Industry Ave
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
Established in 1983 New England Business Associates (NEBA) is a nonprofit organization known nationally and internationally for its work in supported employment as well as supporting the integration needs and rights of people with disabilities and/or employment challenges. We are the recipient of many awards, including Best Practice from the national Association of People Supporting Employment First.
We are committed to enhancing the quality of life for individuals, and currently serve more than 600 people annually through employment, self-employment, skill-building, and community inclusion programs. Individuals served have a myriad of skills, abilities and interests and are between the ages of 15 and 68.
NEBA has contracts with the Department of Developmental Disabilities, the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services, the Department of Transitional Assistance, and local school systems for students transitioning from high school. NEBA is also a registered employment network through the Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work program.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|New England Business Associates is currently accepting applications for a full time Employment Consultant in the Ticket To Work (TTW) program. The Employment Consultant is the primary contact with SSA and Maximus to maintain proper processing of Ticketholder information and to process/ensure service reimbursement to NEBA. Responsibilities include working with SSA Ticketholders in attaining employment, or self-employment that will result in self-sufficiency. |
Communication with Ticketholders includes assisting them in the following: resume development; completion of online job applications; assistance in writing a business plan, interview preparation and evaluation of interview outcomes.
Ideal Candidates are outgoing, flexible, creative, have good verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate good negotiation skills.
• Ongoing communication with SSA and Maximus, for all transactions relevant to Ticketholder employment.
• Assist TTW job seekers to develop resume and other information required for interviewing
• Assist with the delivery of training and support services including work preparedness, financial literacy, job placement and follow along services
• Write SSA Individual Work Plan for individuals in the TTW Supported Employment Program and Self Employment
• Maintain communication with multiple program staff concerning SSA Ticketholder’s needs and accomplishments
Knowledge / Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional appearance to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, individuals served, management and customers
• Excellent oral and written skills; displays communication that is complementary to needs of individuals served
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with periodic guidance and direction.
• Previous experience working with supported employment preferred
• Strong writing and computer skills with a demonstrated ability to write and edit technical material
• Previous experience in database maintenance.
• Previous experience with job development and networking, or sales preferred
New England Business Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer -minority/female/disability/veteran.
As a federal affirmative action employer in accordance with Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act as amended, New England Business Associates is required to report on our workforce by race, gender, and veteran status and to offer the opportunity for self-identification as to disabilities.
Please assist us by copying the following the link into a new browser page and completing the voluntary self-identification form.