PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Fundraising/Development|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Represent.Us seeks a Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to raise funds for a national advocacy campaign to stop the undue influence of money in politics and fix our broken political system. This is a new position to develop and manage a fast-growing major donor program.|
This position works closely with the entire Development team, and is supervised by the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
The Major Gift Officer (MGO) will:
* Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors and prospective major donors
* Develop, manage, and expand a portfolio of prospects capable of making gifts of $10,000-$500,000; emphasis will be on securing a significant number of new gifts and gift upgrades through a strategic and aggressive approach to personal cultivation and solicitation
* Collaborate with the Development team to create strategies to expand the donor pipeline and upgrade mid-level donors, achieving aggressive targets for an increase in number of donors
* Create briefings, proposal materials, stewardship, and other materials for major donors
* Build relationships with Represent.Us program staff to acquire the information needed to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively
* Work as part of the overall Development team to develop and execute strategies to achieve annual departmental goals
* Collaborate with the Development team in goal-setting and expense management
* Monitor and report on progress, ensuring that major donor revenue goals are met
* At least three years of experience working in a front-line fundraising or sales position, with demonstrated ability to close major gifts
* Experience managing a national donor—or similar—portfolio
* Success in deadline-driven environment with shifting demands and priorities
* Experience on political campaigns or national advocacy campaigns preferred
* Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding high net-worth individuals in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment
* Strong commitment to Represent.Us’ mission, purpose, and values, including a dedication to post-partisan collaboration
* Ability to write well, and effectively communicate the mission, goals, and needs of an organization to donors and to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely
* Highly organized, proactive, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize with excellent time management skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently
* Willingness to travel frequently required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and superb benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Major Gifts Officer.”
Work will be performed out of either our Northampton, MA office or our San Francisco, CA office. Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.