Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Job Type:||Category:||Seasonal||Administrative/Clerical/Data Entry|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
|General Summary: |
To further the mission of the camp through effective oversight of the planning, delivery and improvement of program activities and events. Manage camp scheduling and supervise program specialists. Design and deliver program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities, and meet intended camp outcomes (Belonging, Achievement, Relationships). Assist in the management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
1. Supervise program specialist staff (archery, OE, Fishing, Arts and Crafts, Low Ropes, etc.) to deliver a fun and safe program to campers that fosters relationships and inspires high achievement.
2. Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs.
3. Develop schedules to ensure that camp runs smoothly and the camp staff is put in a position to meet camp outcomes.
4. Assist with management of camp discipline at the direction of the camp director.
5. Assume the role of acting camp director in the absence of the camp director and assistant director.
6. Roster Staff effectively for each session with assistant director.
|* Experience in administrative roles at a similar camp.|
* Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
* Training and experience in teaching program to adults and children.
* Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
* Ability to focus and remain effective in a busy environment.
* Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
**Camp staff are paid a daily seasonal rate.
We require all applicants to submit a CAMP application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org