Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||HUNTINGTON MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
Sports Camp (3rd-6th)
To further the mission of the camp through effective oversight and support of the Explorers Unit. Manage and develop counselor staff to provide a camp experience that meets intended camp outcomes (Belonging, Achievement, Relationships). Ensure that counselors understand and employ safety guidelines, proper supervision techniques, and youth development practices. Provide support for counselors around camper behavior management. Assist in the management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
• Supervise counselors in the Unit to ensure delivery of a safe, fun camp program that meets intended camp outcomes.
• Provide support for counselors regarding camper behavior management in cases where the counselors are struggling to handle the behaviors.
• Run unit activities and family night, and participate in small group activities in order to enhance camp program and create strong relationships with each camper in the Unit.
• Assist Camp Director in creating strong camper groups and counselor pairings.
• Manage parent letters and camper birthday postcards.
|• Experience as camp counselor at a similar camp program.|
• Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar program.
• Experience leading peers and providing direct developmental feedback.
• Comfort leading large groups and performing in front of large groups.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
• Ability to focus and remain effective in a busy environment.
• Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
**Camp staff are paid a daily seasonal rate.
We require all applicants to submit a CAMP application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org