Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
|General Summary: |
To further the mission of the camp through effective oversight of waterfront safety procedures, program planning and delivery, and equipment maintenance. Manage swim instruction by enabling counselors to teach effective swim lessons that meet intended camp outcomes (Belonging, Achievement, Relationships). Assist in the management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
1. Supervise lifeguards and swim instruction staff to deliver a fun and safe waterfront program to campers that fosters relationships and inspires high achievement.
2. Manage staffing, programming and procedures at the waterfront.
3. Keep waterfront area clean, safe and free of debris.
4. Assist with management of camp discipline at the direction of the camp director
5. Maintain authority of waterfront safety decisions over all other people at camp.
|• Must have a current lifeguard certification from the YMCA or American Red Cross.|
• Experience in waterfront lifeguard and swim instructor roles.
• Experience in the development and delivery of waterfront programs and activities for a similar camp.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
• Ability to focus and remain effective in a busy environment.
• Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
We require all applicants to submit a CAMP application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org