Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Help provide individualized care to those in recovery from substance use in the Western Massachusetts community!|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Registered Nurse at the Carlson Recovery Center at Behavioral Health Network! Registered Nurses strive to provide care with kindness and sensitivity that preserves and protects the autonomy, dignity, and rights of the individuals they serve. Using knowledge of biophysical, psychosocial, and spiritual dimensions during the assessment process, they diagnose an individual’s condition and develop a personal care plan for intervention. Registered Nurses collaborate with the individuals and their families, educating them and recognizing the unique needs of the dually diagnosed and other special populations to obtain positive therapeutic outcomes. Finally, they evaluate the individuals’ responses to the care plan and track their progress towards ideal outcomes.
Our employees are the most important asset in improving the lives of the individuals we serve! BHN staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for community involvement, diversity, the opportunity to gain highly marketable skills, and to take on challenges. BHN is committed to growing our own employees and promoting from within.
The Carlson Recovery Center in Springfield, MA is a first step recovery program for adults 18 years of age and older. We provide medically monitored detoxification services for those withdrawing from alcohol and other drugs within the first 5-7 days of their recovery. A 24-hour multidisciplinary team, including a Medical Director, a board-certified Family Physician, and an Addiction Medicine Physician, provides acute treatment and detoxification services.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Registered Nurses at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Demonstrates an innovative use of resources, appropriate problem-solving and communication skills.
• Demonstrates leadership skills and abilities.
• Proficiency in applying the nursing process to individuals and families.
• Ability to collaborate with other care givers.
• Ability to delegate to peers and other care givers consistent with their level of expertise.
• Ability to understand, empathize and work with an addicted population, including those with co-occurring disorders.
• Ability to advocate for clients.
• Knowledge of quality assurance standards and CARF standards.
• Working knowledge of ethics and legal parameters of working with substance abuse clients.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree (preferred), or Diploma/ Degree in Nursing.
• Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration (required).
• Minimum of one year nursing experience (preferred).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on "Work Here and Make a Difference" to apply!