Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Fitness|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|The Hampshire Regional YMCA is looking for a part-time Wellness Coordinator.|
General Summary: Member retention and satisfaction is the number one priority. Under the supervision of the Wellness Director, the Wellness Floor Coordinator will serve as a liaison between the floor staff and the Wellness Director. The Wellness Floor Coordinator will be responsible for general upkeep of the Wellness Center and the equipment in the exercise studios, direct service on the wellness floor, and assisting with wellness-related programming.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
• Take ownership of coverage needs, assisting others on the Wellness Team in covering shifts as necessary
• Work with Wellness Director and Healthy Living Director to create and implement wellness programming to motivate and retain current members, as well as gain new members
• Have a genuine interest in working with a diverse population of individuals, primarily the sedentary and the inactive
• Promote good public relations with members and their guests. Assures that complaints/concerns of members are immediately addressed.
• Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain solid relationships with staff, YMCA members, volunteers, and a diverse population of individuals.
• Knowledge of membership programming as it relates to the YMCA
• Possess strong organizational skills
• Exemplify our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility integrated into everything we do
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield,
|• Demonstrate a sincere interest in fitness and positive attitude|
• Must have and keep current the following certifications: CPR/AED and First Aid and have a degree in health/fitness field and/or a personal training certification. (nationally recognized Personal Trainer certifications: ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE, IFPA, AFAA and YMCA)
• Must be outgoing, friendly, have good human relation skills and a willingness to serve members
• Completion of the YUSA course “Principles of Healthy Lifestyles” will be required within the first 90 days of employment