Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||HUNTINGTON MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|General Summary: To further the mission of the camp by providing supervision and ensuring a safe environment at the camp’s waterfront activities. Assist in the management to the physical operation of the waterfront facilities and equipment.|
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
1. Supervise and guard all waterfront activities
- Provide surveillance during aquatic activities to help prevent and to manage injuries.
- Provide rescues as needed.
- Utilize first aid and CPR and other emergency management skills as needed.
- Understand and implement appropriate response to changes in water conditions or weather
conditions affecting the waterfront.
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers and staff.
2. Assist Counselors in program areas such as swimming and boating.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures while in their program activity.
- Monitor safety conditions during waterfront activities and act as a resource to counselors who
may not know the full extent of waterfront dangers (stop dangerous waterfront activities).
- Assist in the delivery and supervision of all water activities and special events at the
3. Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Clean waterfront area daily keeping it free of hazards and debris.
4. Participate fully and appropriately in camp activities outside of the waterfront area during unassigned times at camp.
|- Current certification in lifeguard training or equivalent.|
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Prior experience at a similar waterfront.
- Training and experience in waterfront activities that are offered at the camp.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in the water.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
Benefits include a free membership to the Y
We require all applicants to submit an application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org
In addition to the application, we’ll gladly take your resume and cover letter.
Please email your application, resume and cover letter
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield,