Hampshire Shakespeare Company
650 E. Pleasant Street
Amherst, MA 01002
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||AMHERST MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Hampshire Shakespeare Company is seeking two Stage Managers for the 2018 summer Mainstage season of “Shakespeare Under the Stars,” which will include productions of Othello and Twelfth Night.|
The positions start immediately and runs through early August. The Stage Managers play a critical role in our Production Team and are responsible for managing the logistics of the rehearsal and performance process.
Stage Manager Responsibilities
- Run rehearsals with the director, ensuring that time and safety constraints are taken into account at all times
- Report the details of each rehearsal and performance, via email, to the administration of the company regarding details of rehearsal and production
- Promote and execute accurate and timely communication with the cast and crew, including the creation of a contact sheet for the production
- Assemble and maintain all records for the production, including the Prompt Book, cue sheets, plots, and daily records, including reports to the Production Manager on attendance, etc.
- Supervise the run crew during rehearsals and performances
- Manage the timing and logistics of performance, including timing, cues, house opening times, fight call, etc.
- Maintain active responsibility of rehearsal and performance, including for the technical running of each performance and technical rehearsals
- Work with the Director and the Production Manager after opening including preparation of the Understudies, Replacements, Extras as needed.
- Attend scheduled production meetings
- Excellent electronic and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Previous stage management/stage crew experience
- Lives within reasonable commuting distance to Amherst, MA
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work with people of any age group
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Team player attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Good sense of humor
- Outdoor theatre experience
- Community theatre experience
- Conflict management training or experience
The ideal candidate will be excited to grow and develop with a small local theater committed to providing valuable experiences for those beginning their careers. The ability to deal with stressful situations with grace, humor, and tact is essential.
While Hampshire Shakespeare is a community theatre, the company offers a small stipend for much of its staff. All stipends are commensurate with experience and company budget.
Application Deadline: March 2
Interested applicants should send resumes, cover letters, and all relevant inquiries to email@example.com.