Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||WESTFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Do you want to help create a better life for those in recovery from mental illness?|
Become a Peer Specialist for Behavioral Health Network’s Respite Program! As a Peer Specialist, you will identify, assist, support, and communicate the needs of individuals in the program, including the use of personal recovery experience. Peer Specialists facilitate wellness groups and recovery plans. You may meet individuals in community hospitals in order to assist the transition to our Respite program. You will provide for the needs of individuals, including admission/discharge tasks and transportation for appointments. These interactions serve to develop a comprehensive understanding of the individual’s current situation.
As a Peer Specialist, you can share your own experience of recovery to support the persons served and assist them in the organization of life activities. You will assist individuals as they apply for stable living conditions and financial entitlements. Through your work as a Peer Specialist, you will get the opportunity to mentor those in the recovery process, watching them develop a healthier life style because of your influence on their daily lives.
The BHN Respite is a 15-bed site serving adults, and is funded in part by the Department of Mental Health. Individuals served are provided a range of services including comprehensive evaluations, groups, and one-on-one counseling. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Peer Specialists at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualifications:|
• Personal lived experience in mental health recovery.
• Certification as a Peer Specialist.
• Knowledge of interviewing/counseling/recovery concepts and skills, including confidentiality.
• Ability to work as a team member, cooperating with other staff and follow through on tasks.
• Ability to relate and establish rapport with individuals served, family and service providers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High motivation to work with a population in recovery.
• Spanish speaking language capability preferred.
• MA Drivers License plus registered and insured vehicle for on the job use.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org then click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!