PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Advertising/Marketing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|We’re hiring a full time Content Producer to create digital, press, advocacy, and other communications content, including blogs, press releases, social media, and organizing content. The Content Producer provides content for a broad range of organizational needs that span the communications, digital, and organizing departments. The work supports ongoing programs, and serves to break through to new audiences, expand our reach, elevate the democracy reform movement to the national stage, and win meaningful reforms across the country.|
We’re looking for a fully-capable storyteller. Someone who knows the difference between decent writing and phenomenal storytelling; who can take a set of numbers on a chart, figure out the “So what?” and write an emotionally compelling takeaway. Someone who can take that compelling takeaway and _quickly_ turn it into a video, a blog post, op-ed, a homepage promotion, and/or a GIF so suddenly everyone is talking about that once-boring chart. Someone who really gets how to use digital and print media to engage people and get people talking.
Reporting directly to the Digital Director and working closely with the Associate Communications Director and the rest of the Represent.Us team, the Content Producer will:
* Research and produce a wide range of content that supports Represent.Us programs, including but not limited to: member emails, blog posts, reports, web copy, social media posts, video scripts, op-eds, letters to the editor, press releases, etc.
* Pitch online content/campaigns for social media distribution that will resonate with our members and potential members. You’ll develop messaging that reacts to breaking news stories as well as proactive content ideas pulled from treasure troves of studies and data.
* Publish and promote your work so it gets in front of a wide audience. Come up with new distribution ideas to make your content spread on social media, and try them out.
* Work with our organizing team to help tell the story of our movement: interview chapters that just won major victories, document grassroots campaigns, and more.
* Provide strategic guidance and support for all other organizational communications verticals, including social, website, and video/editorial content.
* Assist other teams as necessary with the development of their communications collateral.
Our ideal candidate is a renaissance person: a stellar writer and verbal communicator, an excellent project manager, and an insightful strategic thinker. You have the knack for sifting through and analyzing research or policy information, and can distill arcane facts into digestible, exciting content. You can identify a problem, think through alternative approaches to solving it, and implement the best one – all without being asked. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a good team player who’s adaptable to shifting circumstances. You are ready to make a major impact, and you embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* 2-3 years experience producing phenomenal, real-time content either for an organization or for a personal cause with demonstrated success
* Experience with or interest in reporting on corruption, elections, and money in politics
* Familiar with content management systems such as WordPress, ActionKit, and Google Analytics
* Video editing and photography skills a very desirable plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Producer”. Include your resume and a letter of interest, and a recent writing sample (unpublished material is fine; we just want to get a sense for how you write).
In addition, please read this article and pitch an angle for a piece of content we could promote on social media: https://calmatters.org/articles/foes-friends-lobbyists-make-amends-lawmakers-make-money/
We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unless stated otherwise, all jobs are full time. Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. This position is available in any of our offices. No phone calls please.