HospiceCare in The Berkshires
877 South St
Pittsfield, MA 01201
|Salary Range:||Location:||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||CNA/RN/Medical|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The Hospice Aide/Homemaker is a paraprofessional member of the Interdisciplinary Team who performs various services for a patient and family as necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs and to promote comfort. The Hospice Aide/Homemaker is responsible for observing, reporting and documenting care performed and patient’s observed status.|
• Minimum of one (1) to two (2) year's experience in health care preferred.
• Experience in a hospice care preferred.
• Experience in acute care in an institutional setting preferred.
• Experience in homecare preferred.
• Understanding of the hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Education and Training:
(Acquired through formal education, outside study, training on jobs of lesser degree, or by any combination of these. May be expressed in terms of formal educational equivalents):
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Satisfactory completion of a training program approved by M.D.P.H. for HCA-II and other regulators.
• Training equivalent to approved certification program (such as C.N.A. or Student Nurse), applicants must be oriented to home care.
License, Certification & Registration:
• Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
• Current Massachusetts licensure: Certified Nursing Assistant
• Valid driver’s license
• Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Assistant Certification preferred