PO Box 60008
Florence, MA 01062
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||General|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Represent.Us is looking for a full-time Organizer to play a pivotal role in the continued success of the anti-corruption movement. The Organizer develops printed and online materials as well as organizing resources to support the recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers during online and offline events and meetings.|
In a nutshell, the Organizer is air support for our national network of volunteer chapters—providing training, facilitating connections between chapters, and coaching our volunteers as they participate in voter education, grassroots lobbying activities, GOTV drives, and more. Must be OK with working long, irregular hours, nights and weekends and holidays, and traveling for short (overnight) and long (1-2 month) periods of time.
Under the direction of the Organizing Manager, the Organizer will:
Develop volunteer leaders
* Mentor, train, and manage our national network of volunteer leaders so that they can best support chapter membership; regularly assess development needs of volunteer leadership.
* Ensure chapters are successfully collaborating with and mobilizing important constituent groups and others. Their most repeated phrase should be “Let me introduce you to…”
* Lead by example through demonstrations of integrity, professionalism, and leadership.
* Act as a liaison between volunteer leaders and the rest of the organization; continually build confidence and excitement about our work, priorities, and organizational choices.
* Maintain regular communication with chapter leadership, serve as first point of contact for questions or needs, and connect them to staff contacts as appropriate.
* Regularly draft, edit, and send email blasts to national network of over 5,000 volunteers.
* Travel to visit, train, and support volunteers and advocates before and during pivot campaign milestones.
Support organizing strategy and campaign
* Collaboratively set long- and short-term priorities with chapters; ensure work on the ground stays focused on agreed upon priorities, while maintaining flexibility needed to rapidly respond to new opportunities and challenges.
* Establish and maintain relationships with institutional partners, participating in networks, coalitions, and collaborative projects.
* Seed, encourage, and support tactical innovations from volunteers and help replicate those successes elsewhere.
* Prepare and submit reports as needed, maintaining clear records of work performed.
* As needed, undergo extended deployment to support state efforts including but not limited to recruiting, training, and managing statewide volunteers and grassroots relationships.
* Monitor chapter Facebook pages, and other chapter social media properties and communications platforms, for appropriate content.
* Work with the Organizing Manager to help set, achieve, measure, and report on benchmarks for the Organizing Team.
* Perform special project planning and execution as needed to support the organization’s overall mission.
* At least 2 years of organizing experience required. Must demonstrate knowledge of political campaigning and organizing methodology.
* Decentralized organizing experience strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of anti-corruption reform efforts and basic understanding of democracy reform policies preferred.
* Experience with CRMs including Nationbuilder, Action Kit, and auto-dialers desired.
* Experience with ballot initiatives or similar campaigns strongly desired.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, strategic planning, and experience facilitating organizing trainings.
* Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
* Proficiency in web research, data management, word processing, and other computer systems required.
* Must be highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with critical deadlines; i.e. discern priorities and meet competing deadlines.
* Able to track and report on personal work conducted and set periodic goals for personal growth.
* Able to make decisions quickly and efficiently while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working effectively with volunteers and partner groups across the political spectrum.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
Please send an email with your resume and a letter of interest attached to email@example.com with the subject line “Organizer.” Please include a writing sample preferably related to civics or democracy reform (no more than 5 pages), and also let us know your favorite campaigns and why.
This position is based out of either our Northampton, MA office or our San Francisco, CA office. Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.