Pioneer Valley Hotel Group
321 Center Street
LUDLOW, MA 01056
|Salary Range:||Location:||$10+ Per Hour||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Administrative/Bookkeeping|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
Has a strong working knowledge of basic accounting software and basic accounting principles. Assures the highest possible level of professionalism, demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible organizational strategies for the department. Ensures that all day-to-day tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Directly assists and works with the Operations manager to ensure proper completion of all bookkeeping and administrative tasks. In addition the Administrative Assistant/Bookeeper understands that all information related to the company, the owners and its employees is treated with the upmost confidentiality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Open mail and organize all mail for the appropriate locations for data entry.
2. Enter bills into QuickBooks/booking software
3. Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner within allotted budget.
4. Pay any debt as it comes due.
5. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
6. Issue invoices to customers.
7. Remit Tax payment to Mass DOR monthly by due date.
8. Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
9. Conduct a periodic reconciliation of all accounts to ensure accuracy.
10. Report any anomalies to the manager in reconciliations or bill payments.
11. Maintain the petty cash fund/managers checking accounts.
12. Review and Issue Financial Statements as needed.
13. Maintain the Chart of accounts.
14. Work with Operations manager on the annual budget.
15. Review all expense reports to ensure accuracy and report any misuse of company credit cards or petty cash accounts.
16. Maintain a working relationship and communicate with all managers.
17. Maintain key control of keys issued.
18. Ensure security of office file cabinets, computer passwords, and office doors at all times.
19. Review and complete credit application forms as permitted by manager.
20. Work with the allotted budget for purchasing.
21. Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management.
22. Monitor all cash handling, check cashing, and credit policies.
23. Attend regularly scheduled meetings with department.
24. Wear the proper uniform at all times. If a uniform is not provided, business casual attire is required.
25. Uses proper telephone etiquette. Document all phone calls and ensure that message and being delivered in a timely manner.
26. Reports any unusual occurrences or request to the Manager.
27. Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the work area.
28. Maintain Organization of all Files and work papers.
29. Set reminders for upcoming meetings, webinars, trainings, etc.
30. Provide administrative and clerical support to the operations manager and owners.
31. Assist the Operations manager in special projects and/or additional administrative related work in order to meet deadlines.
32. Uphold the Company’s commitment to hospitality.
33. Use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
34. Use of Quickbooks or related accounting software.
35. Experience in accounts payables and basic accounting principals
36. Strong Typing Skills.
37. Strong research skills.
38. Strong Organizational Skills.
39. High degree of Accuracy and Attention to detail
40. Effective interpersonal and communication skills