Pioneer Valley Hotel Group
321 Center Street
LUDLOW, MA 01056
|Salary Range:||Location:||$50,000+ Per Year||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Hotel & Restaurant|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Drivers License - Preference: Required|
|JOB TITLE: FOOD & BEVERAGE DIRECTOR|
DEPARTMENT: FOOD & BEVERAGE
REPORTS TO: OWNER
DIRECT SUBORDINATES: F&B MANAGERS, BAR SUPERVISORS, BANQUET SUPERVISORS & MANAGERS, FACILITIES SUPERVISOR AND KITCHEN STAFF
Assures the highest possible level of guest satisfaction. Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guest and employees. This position requires strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast paced and professional environment. In addition you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to guest, other staff, and management verbally and written.
The Food & Beverage Director represents the hotel and banquet facilities throughout the experiences of the guests stay. Directly supervises all bar, banquet and kitchen staff. Ensures proper completion of all duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the staff. Works closely with the sales department in maintaining up to date information regarding upcoming events and functions. Knows the location and types of function rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Communicates with all departments within the hotel/banquet center as a proactive approach to guest satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for direct supervision of all food and beverage employees to ensure that all procedures and policies are followed.
2. Maintains an open line of communication between all departments.
3. Conducts weekly food & beverage meetings for manager’s and key personnel.
4. Responsible for conducting end-of-week liquor inventory and whenever deemed necessary.
5. Responsible for the daily maintenance of the POS system to ensure up to date pricing and reporting.
6. Responsible for facilitating the maintenance of the facility, equipment and machinery on site.
7. Work in conjunction with the accounting department to ensure accurate accounting standards are being upheld.
8. Works in conjunction with General Manager, Sales Manager, Facilities Supervisor to make sure all standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the restaurant, service areas, kitchen, office and all public areas.
9. Makes, positive, constructive and cost effective suggestions to General Manager, Facilities Supervisor, and Bar Staff concerning all improvements in the restaurant, service areas, kitchen and banquet areas, which would help enhance guest satisfaction.
10. Actively solicit guest feedback and report to appropriate parties any unsatisfactory food and beverage items mentioned by any guest.
11. Supervises Food & Beverage outlets at peak meal periods. Assists in greeting guests, assigning guests to tables and help in taking care of guests’ needs.
12. Has a good understanding and knowledge of all areas of the operations to assist or to fill in, if necessary, in any position including serving, bartending, host and cashier.
13. Develop new training materials.
14. Coaches, counsels and trains all F&B personnel on a daily basis.
15. Reviews, in advance of shift, all function sheets and cashier reservations to ensure all the proper departments are aware of upcoming guests’ needs. Ensure that there is proper staff to cover all such requirements.
16. Negotiates costs with all outside vendors on behalf of PVHG.
17. Assist in accurately and concisely developing Banquet Event Orders for inter/intra departmental communication from inception to the final billing process.
18. Must act in accordance with and uphold the rules and regulations detailed in the Associate Handbook and periodic addendum.
19. Ensure that all disciplinary actions are taken when infractions occur.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirement of the hotel.
1. Responsible for the food & beverage computer applications within the properties.
2. May be required to cover “Manager on Duty” shifts.
3. Responsible for the Entertainment coordination for events as required.
|SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:|
1. Be able to effectively communicate and understand the English language.
2. Be familiar with and obey all MA Department of Labor Laws of employment with regards to staffing.
3. Have at least 3-5 years of management experience in the Food and Beverage Industry
4. Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
5. Be proficient in Word Processing and Spreadsheet programs.
6. Be able to work in a standing position for a long period of time (up to five hours)
7. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
8. Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
9. Must have a valid drivers license.
10. Must be willing to travel.
11. Must be able to work all shift and days of week as needed.
12. Please sign below stating that you have received a copy of this job description and you will adhere to it.