Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|If you are reliable, caring, and are looking to make a difference in other people’s lives and want a place to grow your career, come join the team here at BHN where you belong.|
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as s Certified Peer Specialist in the Living Room program at Behavioral Health Network! The pursuit of our individuals’ development of autonomy, self-esteem, and involvement in their own care is highly supported and encouraged. Staff of the Living Room assist to empower those we serve to be in the ‘driver’s seat’ of their lives, and to clearly define their needs, wants, hopes and dreams….and we help make that happen. Our employees are the most important asset in improving the lives of the individuals we serve. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for community involvement, diversity, the opportunity to gain highly marketable skills, and to take on challenges. BHN is committed to growing our own employees and promoting from within.
The Living Room provides a safe space, allowing for someone in crisis to connect with peers, avoiding the emergency room or hospitalization. The concept is to connect those in crisis with those who have been down a similar path and have an intimate understanding of what the struggle is like. In being unique and creative in its approach, The Living Room is currently cultivating an exciting new culture of support for people in crisis. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Certified Peer Specialists at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Are adults who have previously utilized mental health or substance abuse services, are currently in recovery, and are excited to model recovery for others experiencing similar struggles.
• Have a heart for people who are hurting and a desire to help ease the suffering of others.
• Believe recovery is possible for all people who experience mental health and substance use challenges, including a knowledge and application of the Recovery Oriented Model specific to those experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Work well in a team.
• Display empathic skills and the ability to establish rapport with individuals served, family members, and service providers.
• Have knowledge of delivery systems, organizational skills, understanding crisis intervention.
• Are familiar with internet, word processing and email systems.
• No prior experience required for the Certified Peer Specialist role, just passion and a true desire to help others.
• Complete the Peer Specialist certification training and pass the exam to become a Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) within 1 year of hire date (required).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!