River Valley Co-op
330 North King Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
Retail grocery cooperative
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Hour||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Customer Service|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
Cash handling, customer service experience - Preference: Nice to have|
|Purpose: Check out customer purchases and otherwise assist customers, to meet objectives for accuracy and provide prompt, friendly, courteous customer service.|
Status: Reports to Front End Manager
1. Greet customers, smiling and making eye contact.
2. Check out customer purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices, PLU's and departments.
3. Open and close out registers following established procedures. Balance cash drawer at end of shift.
4. Call for back-up as needed so that customers wait as little as possible to be checked out.
5. Bag customer purchases as needed and ask customers if they need assistance. For those needing assistance, carry out groceries or call for staff help if available.
6. Become familiar with co-op policies in order to answer customer questions. Refer unresolved questions or problems to Information Desk or Manager on Duty or other appropriate staff.
7. Sign up members and receive member equity payments when Information Desk is not staffed.
8. Put stuffers in bags, inform customers of specials and upcoming store events.
9. Price and stock items (assigned by Front End Manager or other Manager on Duty) when there are no customers to be checked out.
10. Maintain checking area in clean, orderly condition.
11. Answer and route phone calls, take and route messages as needed.
12. Issue credits to customers for returned items following company policy, and ensure that returns are properly disposed of. Record shrink promptly and accurately.
13. Alert Manager on Duty to potential shoplifters, disorderly customers or other emergencies.
14. Attend cashier meetings and storewide meetings.
15. Perform other tasks assigned by Front End Manager or Front End Shift Leader.
Experience serving the public.
Familiarity with natural foods.
Accuracy, attention to detail.
Ability to handle multiple demands.
Ability to stay calm under pressure.
Ability to project an outgoing, friendly personality.
Ability to stand for long periods.
Regular, predictable attendance.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.