26 Market St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||$70,000+ Per Year||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Experience using QuickBooks - Preference: Required|
|This Is Us|
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design health care services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, communication researchers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
This Is You
We are looking for an experienced Controller/Finance Manager with experience in government contracting. Your perfectionist eye for detail applies to every task that you do. In addition, you:
• Work well in fast-paced environments and have no trouble completing time-sensitive tasks
• Manage your time and tasks responsibly
• Exercise good judgment, especially when handling confidential and sensitive issues
• Have strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (for creating detailed and complex budgets), and Outlook
• Have experience supervising, and work well with team members and senior staff
The primary responsibility of the Controller/Finance Manager is to manage our accounting and finance processes – including our financial software, liaising with specialty accountants, supporting GSA paperwork and GSA audits, maintaining company budgets, analyzing financial information, supporting the full financial life-cycle of bids, contract, and subcontract management and supervising finance staff including bookkeepers, and support staff.
• Support company financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and carrying out policies and procedures
• Ensure contracts, subcontracts, and other agreements are managed in accordance with company policies, laws and regulations, and contract requirements (especially GSA)
• Serve as compliance officer and manage companywide Conflict of Interest process and maintain COI records
• Coordinate and participate in supporting proposals, bids, and business development activities, such as preparing cost and price analysis
• Maintain and meticulously organize finance files and records
• Make recommendations for improving policies and procedures and assist in implementing them
• Oversees finance deadlines and management of bookkeepers and support staff.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2018.
This is for a full-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and full benefits, and the anticipated compensation range for this position is $70,000 - $75,000.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, contract management, or finance
• Minimum of 5 years of professional finance experience, including experience with GSA contracts
• Supervisory experience
• Experience using QuickBooks
• Experience interfacing with high-profile clients
• Master’s degree in business, contract management, or finance
• Experience as a compliance officer or advisor
• Experience working with government contracts, including time and materials, firm-fixed price, fixed-price, and IDIQ contracts, and interfacing with national and federal government clients
• Experience using BillQuick time and billing software