60 Brookdale Street
Springfield, MA 01104
We believe individuals with disabilities and other societal disadvantages are an essential resource for our country’s future. Our mission is to help build a world in which individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages realize their full potential.
Viability will be a positive disruptive force in the marketplace leading the innovative designs of future service delivery for individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages to realize their full potential within their communities of choice.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$15+ Per Hour||HOLYOKE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
|Position: Clubhouse Unit Coordinator- Housing Full-Time|
Location: Holyoke, MA – Odyssey House
Rate of Pay: $16 per hour plus $40 biweekly stipend if bilingual
Hours: 40 hours a week
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm (some evenings and holidays)
Full-Time Clubhouse Unit Coordinator-Housing Summary:
Relies upon previous work experience and works under limited supervision to provide training and support to individual members in a program, community, employment or community living setting including preparing schedules, evaluating member/individual progress, and providing person centered services. Regularly interacts with members of the community to develop relationships that will benefit program services and opportunities for members. Advocate for and assist members in accessing benefits, entitlements, and community resources.
Clubhouse Unit Coordinator – Housing – Specific job responsibilities
• Facilitates the work of a unit within the clubhouse setting, identifying important and necessary tasks, engaging members in the work for the purpose of building skills and confidence, working side by side to accomplish the work of the clubhouse.
• Manages and co-manages transitional and supported employment sites, learning the job, providing absence coverage, advertising and hiring members for openings.
• Advocates for and assists members in accessing entitlements, community resources and educational opportunities.
• Provides outreach to establish supportive relationships and to assist members in transitioning from the hospital, or their home to the clubhouse; create a positive culture where members are able to feel safe and take steps toward setting and achieving goals.
• Works with members to develop individual assessment and individual action plans.
• Implements individualized plans to support individuals’ growth and development in healthy living, daily living skills, recreation, employment and friendship building through the treatment planning process.
• Working within the clubhouse model, provides services to support the clubhouse’s housing program, assisting individuals in obtaining and maintaining housing of their choices, assisting with moving, establishing relationships with landlords.
• Trains and assists members in home, community and daily living skills such as budgeting, cleaning, cooking, and social interactions as needed.
Full-Time Clubhouse Unit Coordinator-Housing Qualifications:
High School/GED with three years of experience in mental health role required or Associates with one year of experience in mental health role or Bachelor's degree in human services, social work, psychology or related field. Experience with or knowledge of diverse populations preferred. Experience working with people who are homeless and/or in recovery. Fluency in Spanish, Russian or American Sign Language preferred.
|Full-Time Clubhouse Unit Coordinator-Housing Requirements:|
Proficient in Microsoft Office. Must have a valid MA driver's license, 3 years' driving experience, good driving record, use of a vehicle and willingness to transport participants in personal and/or agency vehicle. Must be able to travel within the region to access residential settings, employers, offices and community organizations.