296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Advance knowledge in non-profit Accounting and Reporting Software - Preference: Required|
|Director of Finance|
40 hours per week
Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region, including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the direction of the CEO, the Director of Finance will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and financial reporting activities. The Director of Finance will be involved in supporting presentations to the board finance and audit committee and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
The Director of Finance will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a budget of $ 6 million and supervise a team of 6 – 8 staff members including responsibility over accounting, budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Director of Finance will ensure that Tapestry has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and produce flawless audits. The Director of Finance will work closely with program leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
• Seven plus years of accounting and finance experience.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Tapestry’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CEO, the responsibility for financial operations.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA and/or MBA highly desirable.
• Solid experience managing accounting functions for a non-profit agency, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budget development and analysis, and in coordinating audit activities.
• A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential.
• Experience in managing cash flow in a complex funding environment.
• Advance knowledge of non-profit accounting and reporting software.
• Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
• Keen analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board and external partners.
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts for individuals at all levels including financial and non-financial managers.
• Support of the mission and goals of the agency.
|Duties and responsibilities:|
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and financial reporting systems ensuring timely reconciliations and compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure all audits and statutory compliance are carried out on time, in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and compliance requirements.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
• Manage organizational cash flow by working in partnership with the program managers, and produce cash flow forecasts.
• Undertake the management of Tapestry’s assets, including tracking investment performance in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
• Assist Tapestry’s leadership in the annual and long-term budgeting and planning processes. Develop, administer and review financial plans and monitor actual results with a view to identifying, explaining, and correcting variances as appropriate.
• Work with the board’s finance and audit committee around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
• Advise CEO on fiscal feasibility and engage in union negotiations as part of a team.
• Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
• Continue to improve effective management accounting systems and processes.
Coordination with Program Staff:
• In cooperation with the Program Directors and grantees, as required, oversee preparation of budgets and financial reports for submission to granting agencies.
• Collaborate with program managers to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operation, including the management of Tapestry’s real estate leases.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization with respect to financial issues in a manner that creates and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements. Monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of Tapestry’s financial status.
• Provide support to the CEO and the board in the area of forward work planning, strategic financial management, budgetary analysis and reporting.
Other duties as assigned by the CEO
• Primarily sedentary work.
• Based at Tapestry’s Administrative Office in Florence, MA but some travel to other sites required up to 5% of position.
• Able to sit at a desk.
• Able to enter data into computer.
• Able to communicate on the phone.
• Oral Communication.
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer