Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you interested in helping infants and toddlers in their development?|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Playgroup Assistant in the Early Intervention at Behavioral Health Network! Playgroup Assistants observe and interact with individuals served and assist teaching children routines to encourage development of age appropriate skills for them. Playgroup Assistants will maintain safety of the children and will implement a care plan within the parameters of DPH regulations. Communicating with caregivers and other providers about the children’s development and behavior is among the Playgroup Assistants’ responsibilities.
The Early Intervention Program at Behavioral Health Network serves children between the ages of birth and three years of age for whom there are developmental concerns due to identified disabilities, or whose typical development is at risk due to certain birth or environmental factors.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Playgroup Assistants at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Knowledge and application of infant, toddler, and child development
• Experience working with infant and toddlers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Familiarity with Internet, Word processing and Email systems
• Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid (training is provided by BHN)
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Associates’ degree in a field related to childhood education, or child development (preferred)