River Valley Co-op
330 North King Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
Retail grocery cooperative
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Management|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Human Resources professionals: |
Apply your leadership and management skills to something that makes a real difference.
Do you love fresh local foods?
Do you want to bring the best out of everyone on our team?
Does the challenge of managing the Human Resources functions of one of the fastest growing and most successful community owned food stores in the country and supporting our expansion into a multi-store operation seem like the job you’ve been preparing for?
How about dedicating yourself to working for a business built on a commitment to supporting local farmers and businesses, providing fresh healthy food, being a progressive employer creating great retail jobs, building community, and environmental stewardship?
If right now you are saying to yourself “Yes! I am so ready for this job!” apply today.
This position is responsible for directing all aspects of HR administration including, but not limited to, HRIS administration, recruiting, workforce development, workplace culture, benefits administration, records retention, compliance, employee and labor relations, required reporting, management of HR department team members and more. The HR manager participates on the management team with the Finance, Operations, Marketing, and General Manager. Join us and participate with the co-op leadership team to help develop River Valley Co-op into a thriving multi-store retail cooperative over the coming years!
Human Resources Management and/or Organizational Development degree (or equivalent) and relevant management and leadership experience required.
Send your letter of interest and resume to:
or by mail to:
River Valley Co-op
330 North King St
Northampton MA 01060
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.
|Required Essential Skills and Experience:|
• 3+ years of management level experience.
• 5+ years with progressive experience in Human Resources. Demonstrated superior oral and written communication ability and able to work with diverse populations.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or knowledge gained through equivalent work experience.
• Experience creating, producing and implementing workplace policies, practices and procedures.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to prioritize projects and tasks to meet the needs of the Co-op.
• Ability to work productively and independently.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and MS Publisher.
• Experience with payroll and benefit administration and processing.
• Experience with labor relations and working within a union environment.
• Proven experience handling and maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
• Proven ability to set and achieve department and organizational goals.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certificate.
• Desire to determine, foster and develop the best qualities and contributions of department personnel.
• Travel may be required and may include overnight stays.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge and/or experience in natural foods and/or cooperative models.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• Experience working with data processing programs, Paycom preferred.