Community Education Project
317 Main Street
HOLYOKE, MA 01040
The Community Education Project works towards social and economic justice by contributing to the development of a capable, informed, and self-determining Latino Community in Holyoke, Massachusetts.
|Salary Range:||Location:||20 Per Hour ||HOLYOKE, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Education/Training
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
TESOL - Preference: Preferred|
|• Plans a program of study that meets individual and group needs, interests, and abilities of students.|
• Teaches the following assigned class in the locations and times designated:
? ESOL Level 2 Intermediate SPL 4-5
• Prepares and documents lesson plans.
• Works closely with Pre-ESOL/Native Language Literacy Instructor and Education/Career Advisor to assess students for appropriate placement in classes.
• Works with Education/Career Advisor to manage matriculation of students from wait list prior to and during the academic cycle.
• Creates a respectful, responsive and cooperative classroom environment based on a learner centered participatory pedagogical model.
• Holds high expectations of students, both academically and socially in the classroom.
• Sets goals and establishes clear curriculum objectives in collaboration with students, aligned with the DESE/ACLS Curriculum Frameworks.
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques, including digital literacy, based on students’ varied learning styles and abilities.
• Works to support learning challenges and disabilities of students, seeking district specialists as needed.
• Implements Adult Basic Education philosophy of education and instruction.
• Assesses student progress regularly and meets with students for educational counseling and support as needed.
• Designs assessment tools and encourages student evaluation and feedback regarding effectiveness of teaching content and style.
• Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Maintains complete and accurate records as required by law, agency, and funders’ guidelines.
• Meets with students for education related purposes outside of class time, as needed.
• Writes letters of recommendation for tutors as appropriate.
• Participates in professional development opportunities, in line with State standards, to strengthen instructional skills and to share information with colleagues.
• Participates in collaborative projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
|• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, TESOL certificate preferred|
• Good oral, written, and electronic communication skills
• Awareness and sensitivity to low income minority communities
• Strong belief in the ability for adult learners to thrive given the appropriate resources and support needed to successfully meet their goals
• Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively as a team member
• Knowledge of Adult and Community Learning Services Division of Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
• Experience with data entry into SMARTT data system preferred
• Certified to administer and score BEST Plus and TABE or ability to become certified within 90 days of employment