Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||HOLYOKE, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||CNA/RN/Medical
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Help individuals integrate within the local Western Massachusetts community with BHN!|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Direct Care - Outreach Specialist in the Individual & Community Supports program at Behavioral Health Network!
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
Provides direct services that supports growth, promotes independence and ensures safety of consumers in all settings.
• Assists and monitors activities of daily living.
• Encourages independence, competency and decision-making.
• Initiates, supports, and ensures quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness and respect and dignity.
• Monitors overall health and well-being, and assists with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
• Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
• Assists in maintaining, enhancing and fostering social support networks and relationships.
• Plans and provides opportunities for community activities.
• Acts as a primary implementer of strategies to meet ISP/PSTP goals.
Provides indirect services that documents and supports the provision of direct services to consumers.
• Completes progress notes in a thorough and timely manner.
• Completes program specific forms and required, time-sensitive documents in a timely manner.
• Completes health and medication-related documents as individually indicated and in accordance with MAP regulations, and manages medical coordination.
• Updates and maintains clinical records.
• Provides safe and timely transportation in own vehicle.
• Attends in-services, meetings and trainings as assigned and scheduled, keeps mandatory trainings up to date and monitors employee training completion.
• Completes individually assigned program-specific responsibilities.
• Telephones supervisor hourly as scheduled during awake, overnight shifts to report the status of individuals served by the program and any other assigned tasks.
• Recognizes and reports program-specific safety and maintenance concerns and ensures property is safe and well maintained.
• Performs other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Direct Care - Outreach Specialists at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Commitment to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of individuals/persons served (required).
• Minimum of six months experience in human services (preferred).
• High school diploma or G.E.D. (required).
• Valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours (required).
• Overnight availability (required).
• Training is provided by BHN.
• MAP certification (preferred).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!