Holyoke Gas and Electric
99 Suffolk Street
HOLYOKE, MA 01040
Formed in 1902, HG&E is a municipally owned utility that provides electricity, natural gas, and fiber optic internet services to over 18,000 customers. Our mission to our customers is simple: “We will provide competitive energy rates, reliable service, and excellent customer service”.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||HOLYOKE, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Computer Programmer
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
• Certifications as an RPG Programmer/Analyst is a plus, - Preference: Nice to have|
|Under direction of the Utility IT Supervisor, responsible to provide technical and administrative support of current IBMi applications. Develop, maintain and continue documentation current custom code interfaces between our core IBMi business application suite and interface other business functions. Off-hour support work and on-call maybe required. Other related duties as assigned|
|WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:|
• Experienced in IBM i ILE RPG, RPG IV and HTML
• Excellent knowledge of CL Programming, QSHELL. PACE use to Secure FTP from/to IBMi, IBM Digital Certificate Manager E-mail, voicemail, VoIP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory servers and other related systems, applications, software and hardware.
• Excellent knowledge of CL Programming, QSHELL. PACE use to Secure FTP from/to IBMi, IBM Digital Certificate Manager. Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• Experience with IBM BRMS backup application, IBM iSeries System Administrator, System monitoring, IBM I PTFs
• Experience with Replication, iTera or MiMIX for IBMi
Minimum Entrance Requirements
• Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• 3 to 5 years verifiable experience with demonstrated proficiency in related duties.
• Certifications as an RPG Programmer/Analyst is a plus, but not required.
• Excellent verbal and written experience with the ability to work on a Team
• Advanced knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office Pro
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Able to sit, bend, stand, walk and lift up to 50 pounds
PREFERRED ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS, (in addition to above)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• Over Five (5) years’ experience in IBM i ILE RPG, RPG IV and HTML related IBMi software support. Working knowledge of:
• IBM CL Programming, QSHELL. PACE use to Secure FTP from/to IBMi, IBM Digital Certificate Manager
• IBM BRMS backup application, IBM iSeries System Administrator, System monitoring, IBM I PTFsEducation:
Successful candidate have a Valid Driver’s License and must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screening, and criminal background check. Starting pay is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Interested Candidates should apply online at http://www.hged.com/html/job_opportunities.html. Send a cover letter describing in detail why your qualifications meet the announcement requirements along with your resume and salary requirements, and completed HG&E Job Application.
Send all materials to:
City of Holyoke Gas & Electric Department
Attn: Terry Sweeney, Human Resources
99 Suffolk Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
City of Holyoke Gas and Electric Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V.
Working safely is a condition of employment at HG&E