Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||WARE, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Human Services
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Do you strive to provide high quality community based services to all individuals?|
Join our team of competent and caring professionals as a Family Support Worker in the Family Resource Center program at Behavioral Health Network! Family Support Workers demonstrate strength-based relationships with families involved in the Family Resource Center. Family Support Workers plan and participate with families in FRC activities, learning the families’ story, culture, strengths, and concerns. Family Support Workers demonstrate the ability to teach families how to navigate the child-serving system and processes. Additionally, Family Support Workers have working knowledge of community resources and have experience working with families from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
The Family Resource Center at BHN provides easy access to information and assistance related to health care, safety, employment training, education and peer support. Our goal is to support families to strengthen their bonds, connect to others, and engage in their community. Our core values are: RESPECT, TRUST, SAFETY, WELLNESS, CARING, CONNECTIVITY, and EDUCATION.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Family Support Workers at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Experience as a caregiver for a youth with special needs and preferably a youth with mental health needs.
• Experience or familiarity with CRA-related issues.
• Familiarity with internet, word processing, and email systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human services field from an accredited university and one year experience working with the target population; OR
• Associate’s Degree in human service field from an accredited school and one year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age your: OR
• High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
• Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and automobile.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!