21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||NORTHAMPTON, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Desktop Support Analyst – IT|
Computer Support Technician for a progressive non-profit agency.
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for assisting in the support and maintenance of desktop, laptop, and mobile hardware, software, and user functionality for the agency working within the IT team to ensure our programs are running smoothly across western Massachusetts. The ideal candidate to join our IT team is a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills; that excels in an agile, fast-paced, and high energy position.
Preferred Candidates will have a working knowledge of:
• Windows 7 & 10, including PC maintenance and repair
• iOS 11+ including iPhone hardware repairs (ie. screen and battery replacements)
• Active Directory account management
• Exchange email (including Office 365)
• Google Apps (Mail, Drive, Sheets, and Docs)
• Microsoft Office Suite 2013, 2016, and Office 365 (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and Visio)
• TCP/IP protocols and the ability to troubleshoot agency networks (ie. Unify and Juniper systems)
• Cabling and conduit installation (run and terminate cables)
• PC imaging systems
• Printer technologies (ie. Laser and dot-matrix)
• VoIP technologies
• Fax machines and all-in-one printer/scanner/fax systems
• Data security best practices, including HIPAA compliance and device encryption (BitLocker)
• Malware removal techniques and utilities
• Participate in ServiceNet’s Help Desk ticketing system including logging, troubleshooting and monitoring tickets for hardware, software, account management, and application support issues in a super responsive manner.
• Ability to communicate and educate technical information and best practices to a non-technical audience.
• Diagnose, repair, maintain, install, and upgrade PC hardware and other support devices to ensure timely resolution, meeting or exceeding agency expectations and service level requirements.
• Provide resolutions in a timely manner via telephone, email, in-person consultations including onsite visits.
• Coordinate with other IT and IS teams and their resources to assist in problem resolution as needed.
• Document procedures, workflows, best practices, configurations, settings; and ensure documents are kept up to date.
• Stay current with established and emerging hardware, software, mobile technologies, and network standards and protocols.
• Recognize and identify potential areas where existing procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Driver’s License and vehicle
• 2 years experience repairing PC hardware and software in a business setting, help desk experience preferred
• CompTIA A+, or equivalent certification or work experience
• Experience with enterprise level hardware and software
• Strong technical background with the ability to solve IT related issues
• Ability to communicate ideas and resolutions in a clear, concise, user friendly manner
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and manage time both independently as well as within a team environment
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
WHAT WE OFFER:
We provide a paid orientation, and training to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR, the Medication Administration Program (MAP), and Applied Non-Violence.
We believe in a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life. So, in addition to our starting wage of $15.00 based on experience.
We also offer:
• a generous time-off package;
• comprehensive, low-deductible health and dental insurance plans;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit option.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume listing search number #725 We look forward to hearing from you!
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.