Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||NORTHAMPTON, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Healthcare Office
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you passionate about helping adults and families resolve their family law conflict and improve their parenting practices?|
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Licensed Family Court Consultant in the Family Resolutions Specialty Court (FRSC) program at Behavioral Health Network! Family Court Consultants are mental health professionals appointed to a family in FRSC, remaining with them throughout the FRSC process and providing expertise to complement the legal perspective.
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Family Resolutions Specialty Court (FRSC) program with the following:
• Guiding the family through the FRSC process.
• Connecting the parents with community services and resources for themselves and their children.
• Providing information about children’s developmental needs.
• Providing information about children’s and adult needs in the context of family dissolution and family conflict.
• Provide information to the parents about cooperative parenting, parental communication and other parenting issues.
• Assisting the parents to practice cooperative parenting.
• Helping to create a parenting plan.
• Working with the Team and attorneys for the parents and children to support them in carrying out the goals and methods of the FRSC process.
• Working in accordance with the laws of confidentiality and privilege, with any mental health professional(s) serving one or more members of the family.
Who are we?
The Family Resolutions Specialty Court helps families resolve their family law problems in an alternative, collaborative way. Parents meet with a judge and additional legal staff in Court Conferences, providing their outlook on the problems that the parents identify as part of their case. This process aids parents to settle their case, or the judge steps in if they are unable to do so.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
• Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
• You will be able to change a person’s life
• You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
• You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
• You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
• You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
|What are we looking for in a Licensed Family Court Consultant?|
• Master’s degree or higher in a mental health field (required).
• Independently licensed in a mental health field (LICSW, LMHC) (required).
• Familiarity with local services and providers (such as mediation, conciliation, housing and economic programs, parent education, mental health treatment, substance use treatment, special education, professional financial advice, etc. (required).
• Knowledge of adult development in the context of family dissolution and family conflict (required).
• Knowledge of child development and development in the context of family dissolution and family conflict (required).
• Experience in and commitment to working collaboratively with a team (required).
• Experience with the court system as a Guardian Ad Litem, expert witness, or through educational opportunities such as specialized courses regarding family law (preferred).
How do I apply to be a Licensed Family Court Consultant?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
BHN maintains its commitment to social justice and diversity and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.