196 Federal Street
Greenfield, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||20000 Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Education/Training
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|**TO APPLY, YOU MUST COMPLETE OUR APPLICATION using this link: https://forms.gle/v4skWDYgL3PwhgUK6|
THIS IS A 10-MONTH FULL-TIME POSITION beginning August 2021.
United Arc AmeriCorps Social Inclusion Facilitator Objective:
**To provide opportunities that enhance positive development for participants with intellectual/developmental disabilities, their siblings and older youth transitioning to adulthood.
**Specific objectives are to provide opportunities for participants to gain skills, build social connections, set and reach meaningful goals and contribute back while becoming integrated with their communities through service and social events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
* Facilitate a weekly schedule of community-based activities for Friends in Common (FIC) and North Quabbin Friends (NQ Friends) - peer social and learning groups for older teens/adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
* Provide individuals with the opportunities to engage in shared activities and social engagement, peer support and friendship, independence from caregivers, community exploration, and service and community contribution and integration.
* Assist with/host therapeutic and skill building groups (such as music, movement/dance, empowerment theatre or self-advocacy).
* Provide assistance with agency events (annual meeting, trainings or picnic) with a focus on youth/young adult activities and involvement.
* Conduct outreach to program participants and families through a variety of communication formats, including monthly schedules/flyers, email, phone, informational programs and social networking.
DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps Members serve full-time to create positive youth development opportunities in schools and youth centers throughout the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. AmeriCorps members use a collaborative, student-centered approach to support young people’s autonomy, belonging, and personal learning aspirations.
The DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps Program (DSAP) has 3 core elements:
1) On-site youth work with a specific school or youth center.
2) Team service project in collaboration with youth and community.
3) Weekly training and reflection to build youth work skills and increase knowledge of different learning styles, social justice issues, creative approaches, motivational interviewing, asset-based community development, group dynamics, and facilitation.
CURIOUS ABOUT THE BENEFITS??
* Receive a $17k Stipend and a $6k Education Award after successful completion of service. The Education Award can be used to pay for pre-existing student loans or future education costs.
* Receive free health insurance and child care financial assistance, for eligible members.
* Gain practical experience and build leadership skills that transfer across careers and vocations, particularly those related to education, youth work, the arts, social justice, nonprofits, social work, and community building.
* Make connections that lead to future opportunities in this region and beyond.
* Participate in a supportive learning community that challenges members to build on their strengths and put their values into practice.
Members must be at least 18 years old, a US citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident, and have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalency.
AmeriCorps celebrates diversity, is intentionally inclusive, and protects against discrimination on the basis of color, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability.
Reasonable accommodations can be made for interviews and service.
**APPLY NOW using this link: https://forms.gle/v4skWDYgL3PwhgUK6