220 South Pleasant Street Amherst, MA 01002
Amherst, MA 01002
Our story is your story. Since 1821, we’ve been helping our students find their own voices, discover their own truths and forge their own paths in the world. Our students and alumni are the true authors of the Amherst story. Help write our next chapter.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Fundraising/Development
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Events Coordinator position. The Events Coordinator is a full time, year-round position, job group and level AO-4. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for designing, planning, and supporting events produced by the office of Conferences and Special Events for a diverse college community, which include high profile speakers, the Pindar dinner series, academic symposiums and conferences, seasonal festivals, institutional events, and special events. The Events Coordinator contributes creative and logistical support for assigned events, including coordinating equipment and services with internal and external service providers, generating and implementing creative publicity, and providing day-of oversight for events. During the summer months, the Events Coordinator provides operational support for the Summer Programs Office, including serving as a liaison to a diverse assigned clients.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Coordination and Support
• Serve as the project lead for assigned events with outstanding attention to detail, ensuring the thoughtful planning of each event element to support Amherst's mission and reputation, including attention to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Responsibilities include designing print and digital materials, coordinating publicity and developing communication strategies to advertise events, arranging event services, audiovisual equipment, and catering, and leading the creative process for developing and executing an event design (venue, event format, publicity, etc.), and generating detailed actions plans and timelines.
• Manage day-of logistics and oversee the execution of an event, ensuring that schedules are followed and services are administered as requested.
• Serve as point of contact for distinguished guest speakers and their representatives to execute travel itineraries, ground transportation, overnight accommodations, and payment to ensure a memorable guests experience.
• Generate post-event summaries that evaluate the success of an event, track attendance and timing, and identify opportunities for future improvement.
• Provide coordination to student and volunteer staff, including the assignment of tasks, work schedules, and payroll.
• Manage and maintain in a high state of readiness the supplies inventory that the Events Office stores across campus
Summer Programs Coordination and Support
• Coordinate client requests for services, meals, and accommodations and translate to work orders for campus partners in a detailed and timely manner, utilizing industry best practices.
• Provide support to the summer programs operation, including graphic design, coordination of student staff, planning social events, supporting the arrival and departure of clients to campus, overseeing the completion of service requests, and distribution of information to campus partners.
• Serve as campus host to large clients, providing distinguished customer service and a positive experience for clients and their guests.
Digital and Print Media
• Develop and execute dynamic marketing plans for events, thinking strategically of how to capture the attention of diverse, targeted audiences.
• Create, maintain and update the Conferences and Special Events website, subpages, and event forms, ensuring accessibility.
• Design, execute and oversee production and distribution of advertising materials including posters, signage, table tents, banners, handouts, and other printed media.
• Generate and coordinate the distribution of non-print promotional resources, including but not limited to radio ads, social media advertisements, targeting marketing e-mails, in-person promotion, and the Events Calendar and Message Center.
• Bachelor's degree or in lieu of Bachelor's Degree more than four years of related experience planning conferences and events
• 1-3 years of proven experience in the conferences and events field
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
• Experience working with diverse communities and contributing to an intentionally inclusive experience for all
• Knowledge of web and social media technologies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe's Photoshop, and either Microsoft Publisher or Adobe InDesign
• Demonstrated strong organizational, time-management, customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience with Event Management System (EMS) or similar reservation software to schedule campus facilities and resources
• Work schedule flexibility to support frequent evening and weekend events
• Experience with mobile applications
• Valid driver's license and successful credentialing in order to operate a College vehicle
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information .
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents before you click Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8OQwEZTReAe1TP16FRzGA