Job: Program Facilitator

Girls Inc. of the Valley

6 Open Square Way

Company Description:
Girls Inc. empowers, educates, and guides girls forward, helping them navigate the challenges in their lives on the way to becoming strong, smart, self-reliant women. We offer a supportive all-girls environment, trained professionals, committed mentors, and programs that are proven to produce results.
Salary Range:Location:
17.20 Per Hour HOLYOKE MA
Job Type:Category:
Full / Part TimeHuman Services
Education Level:Work Experience:
High School or Equivalent
Preference: Required
Preference: Nice to have
Come grow with us! Girls Inc. of the Valley is expanding and we are seeking creative, energetic individuals who are passionate about inspiring all girls* to be strong, smart, and bold! Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip youth to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). Girls Inc. of the Valley is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Inc. organization, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women. (*Please see our website at to learn more about our inclusive gender statement.)

POSITION DESCRIPTION: Program Facilitators lead high quality programs for Girls Inc. participants in our Holyoke Program Center and in our school-based programs throughout Holyoke, Chicopee, and Springfield. Primary responsibilities include group facilitation and group management, program development, and administrative tasks. Programs take place primarily during the school day and after-school hours. Some evenings and weekend hours will be required with advance notice.

Elementary School Programs | 1 full-time or 2 part-time temp positions available
Responsible for program development and delivery for participants age 5–12. Topics include: STEAM, health & wellness, sports, academic success, and social-emotional focused programming.

Middle and High School Programs | 2 full-time positions available
About 70% of programming derives from our Health Sexuality curriculum with the remaining 30% encompassing a variety of youth development programs geared toward participants ages 12-18. Activities may include academic support, advocacy, leadership and life skills.

Eureka! Program | 2 part-time positions available
Eureka is an innovative STEM-based, college and career readiness program for 8th-12th graders. Eureka not only encourages participants to see college as a realistic part of their future but provides opportunities and skills to make that a reality. Facilitators will assist in program development and implementation with a strong focus on STEM and college preparedness including supporting the college application process (college tours, financial aid support, scholarship and college applications and more!).
• Passion for the Girls Inc. mission
• High School diploma or GED, working towards or completion of a college degree preferred
• 2 years’ experience working in a summer program, out-of-school environment, early childhood development, school system or a related field
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
• An awareness of and commitment to social justice education, gender equity, reproductive justice, trans justice and anti-racism
• Ability to communicate, support and work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Must maintain a valid drivers license. Position requires ability to drive program vans.
• First Aid and CPR certified, or a willingness to attend training
• Must be Covid vaccinated and boosted, or be willing to get vaccinated before employment
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) highly desired