Thank you for exploring a career with Valley Medical Group! We are a provider-owned, multi-specialty group caring for more than 55,000 patients at four locations throughout the Pioneer Valley.
Valley Medical Group is looking for a caring and reliable Medical Assistant to join our team and work in our Amherst Medical Center! If you are looking for an exciting and fast-paced environment, this is your opportunity!
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $1000! ($1,000 for 40 hours. Sign on bonus is prorated based on hours. Exclusions apply for internal applicants, or employees who have left VMG within the previous 90 days).
Position: Medical Assistant
Location: Amherst, MA
Hours: 32 or 40 hours, Monday-Friday generally between 7:45am-6:00pm. Hours may vary depending on department needs. Exact schedule to be discussed at time of interview.
Medical Assistants will work under the supervision of the Nurse Team Leader, and function as a member of the health care team in the delivery of high-quality service. MAs will assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
- Prepare patients for their visit by obtaining vitals, patient history, medication reconciliation and reviewing allergies
- Assisting with procedures and POC testing
- Documenting encounters in the Electronic Medical Record (Athena)
- CMA or RMA certification strongly preferred
- Proof of competition of an ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assisting program preferred
- Current CPR certification
- EMR experience (Athena preferred)
- Experience as a Medical Assistant, EMT, or CNA will be considered
Valley Medical Group offers:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- 401k plan with company match
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 7 paid holidays
- Company-paid long- term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary Life, Accident and Critical Illness insurance options
- Company Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Valley Medical Group is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.