311 Wells St
Greenfield, MA 01301
Real Pickles is a worker-owned co-operative in Greenfield, MA, producing organic fermented vegetables from Northeast-grown produce. Our mission is to promote human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system in the Northeast. As a co-op, each worker has the opportunity to become an owner of the business and participate in shaping its future. We are strongly committed to creating good jobs that support the dignity of all workers in an equitable and inclusive workplace.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$58,240-$62,400 Per Year || GREENFIELD
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Sales/Marketing
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Preference: Nice to have
We are seeking a highly-qualified individual, who is inspired by our mission and interested in exploring worker-ownership in our co-op, to fill the role of Sales Manager and oversee all Real Pickles sales and distribution activities. As a manager within our Operations Team, this person collaborates with fellow managers to guide daily operations for our co-op.
The work location is our facility in Greenfield, MA.
The Sales Manager is responsible for:
- Successfully developing and implementing Real Pickles’ sales strategy in support of our co-op’s strategic direction;
- Ensuring a positive, cohesive, and effective sales and distribution team in a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Real Pickles customers, including distributors, retailers, and retail customers;
- Pursuing new and creative sales opportunities in alignment with our strategic goals and social mission;
- Engaging in Operations Team decision-making to guide our co-op’s daily operations; and
- Advancing Real Pickles’ mission through our sales and distribution activities.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Supervise, train, coach, and support the sales and distribution team;
- Oversee day-to-day sales and distribution operations, including communications with distributors and retailers, order fulfillment, customer service, product delivery and pickups via multiple means, and troubleshooting issues;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Operations Team managers to keep daily activities running smoothly and make strong strategic decisions to advance operations;
- Meet monthly and annual sales goals by supporting and growing current accounts and by prospecting and securing new accounts;
- Work with the general manager and marketing manager to create annual sales plans, develop new growth initiatives, and ensure a successful pricing strategy;
- Track and analyze sales data;
- Work with the production manager to maintain inventory levels to fulfill customer orders;
- Innovate and improve our sales and distribution systems;
- Work with other managers to develop and introduce new products; and
- Visit current and prospective distributor and retailer customers and attend trade shows (average 2-3 days of travel per month).
- 3+ years of experience managing a complex operational department.
- Significant experience with natural food sales strongly preferred, including 2+ years in a management role.
- Excellent leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and engage in strategic planning.
- A skilled and compassionate supervisor, coach, and mentor.
- Actively committed to anti-racism work and an equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Experience with shared leadership and collaborative decision-making approaches.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer and math skills.
- Experience with or strong interest in the co-op model.
- Committed to social mission-driven business.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $58,240 to $62,400 per year, depending on experience.
- Paid time off benefit.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match.
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plan available.
- Eligibility after one year to become a member of our co-op.
Please email a resume, letter of interest, and brief answers to the questions below. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please tell us about your interest in local and organic food trends. How would you describe Real Pickles' place in the local and organic food movement?
- Describe your leadership style and how you would approach managing and motivating a team of sales reps.
This position will remain open until it is filled.
Real Pickles is committed to an equitable, inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone is treated as a respected member of the team. We value having a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our staff. Applicants who identify as people of color and/or trans are especially encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.