Travel & Service Program Trip Leader
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA located in Becket, MA helps youth discover their potential through life-changing experiences and relationships. Situated on over 1,400 acres of woodlands with miles of hiking trails, and two private lakes, in the beautiful Berkshires, we offer four summer programs, Camp Becket for Boys, Chimney Corners Camp for Girls, Becket Day Camp, and the Travel and Service Programs. Our programs serve more than 1500 participants over the course of the summer and employ over 400 staff members from all over the world. We have beautiful and historic facilities and offer a wide variety of activities.
Travel and Service Programs
As a trip leader, you will co-lead international travel and service trips for our teen population, focusing on leadership development, service learning, and environmental/cultural exploration. Programs will start and end at Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA, but will spend the majority of time traveling away from camp in a group setting. All programs include travel, interaction with teens and youth, service learning, and cultural learning experiences. Trips may also include camping, hiking, and food preparation. Trip leaders will live and travel with program participants and support them to have positive, healthy, and growth-producing experiences. Leaders will be responsible for facilitating the program's core components, including a leadership training program. Becket-Chimney Corners partners with YMCAs in multiple destinations.
- Opportunity to travel to one of BCCYMCAs partner YMCAs in Asia, Europe, Oceania, and South America.
- Immerse yourself in another culture and language while exploring another country and customs of our host partner.
- Housing, meals, and program travel expenses are provided at no cost to the employee as part of the experience.
- Gain valuable leadership and management skills that will help prepare you for future career opportunities and will reflect valuable work experience on your resume.
- Becket-Chimney Corners is located in the heart of the Berkshires, which is internationally acclaimed for its arts and cultural venues.
- Work with other young adults from all over the US and from abroad.
- Access to a large network of camp alumni who can support you as resources for internships and career development.
- For staff seeking internship opportunities, we can help you connect with resources and/or customize aspects of your job to fit an internship structure. Inquire with your hiring manager about opportunities.
Dates of Work
TSP Leaders are expected to arrive by June 7th for certification week or June 13th for training week, and must be able to work through August 18, 2024, at the earliest.
General Working Conditions
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to walk (up to 5 miles per day), stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate in English.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist children in certain program activities.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
7. Position will require frequent bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
8. Possible exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
Under Massachusetts state law, our campus is a drug- and alcohol-free zone. No one, regardless of legal age, is permitted to consume alcohol or drugs including nicotine or tobacco products (including e-cigarettes) on the Becket-Chimney Corners properties or during program delivery.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA Inclusion Statement
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where campers, participants, families, and staff can discover and be their authentic selves. Through leadership, strategic planning, recruitment, training, and program development, we strive to be inclusive in our practices and to promote equity and opportunity for all individuals. We respect, affirm and protect the dignity and worth of every member of our community.